Home Assistant Community Add-on: Node-RED

could be an issue related to hassio not working fine: are other addons, if any, working fine / connecting to HA?
I had problems regarding nodered not connecting to HA and i solved it recreating the hassio_supervisor container ( if you have portainer is just a matter of stopping the container, click duplicate/edit icon and then click deploy ).
It could be anything else BTW, without knowing your environments and detailed logs it’s hard to point you in a direction.
About the log:

[info] [server:Home Assistant] WebSocket Connecting http://supervisor/core

make sure your home assistant is loading fine, i had this issue and the reason was a custom component ( in my case meross_cloud ): once i removed it and reboot nodered started to “talk” again with HA as soon as loaded completely.

Hi

If I include:

npm_packages:
  - bartbutenaers/node-red-contrib-calc

in the configuration and the start up log reports:

[10:36:32] INFO: Starting installation of custom NPM/Node-RED packages...
+ [email protected]
added 1 package from 1 contributor and audited 959 packages in 59.853s
29 packages are looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details
found 1 low severity vulnerability
  run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details

has the package been properly installed and if so where is it located? Looking in the Node-red folder in config I see the old version of the pallette

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 11.02.17
Also, how would I uninstall this package?

I’m having an issue with the Ecobee integration, but only in Node-RED.

I’m trying to use the ecobee.resume_program service call to resume the current thermostat program after some windows being closed. I can see/call the service successfully in the HA service dev tool, but attempts to use it in a Node-RED call service node result in a debug window error message of:

“Call-service API error. Error Message: Service not found.”

I can use other Ecobee services in Node-RED service calls and they even populate the parameter hints properly at the bottom of the node properties editor. But with the ecobee.resume_program service, I don’t see any hints, all I see in the GUI is:

Service: Unknown Service.

Parameter hints are present for this service in the HA service dev tool, just not in Node-RED.

I know that the Ecobee stuff got caught up in the big Climate refactor a while back but it seems that just this specific service is just not being serviced / called properly in Node-RED.

Does anyone have any suggested debug paths or should I just log this as bug against Node-RED?

Running HA 0.111.4, HassOS 4.10, Supervisor 227 and Node Red v1.0.6.

Hi Y’all,

I’ve had a recent problem where I can’t get the right Timezone to show in Node Red. Home assistant has the correct timezone (as shown below) - I’ve also tried to update the config.js file for node red, as mentioned in the documentation.

I’m on Node Red version: 6.3.0

This happened after my last system upgrade. Any Ideas on what I should do? Searching hasn’t yielded any recommendations.

arch armv7l
chassis embedded
dev false
docker true
docker_version 19.03.8
hassio true
host_os HassOS 4.10
installation_type Home Assistant
os_name Linux
os_version 4.19.126-v7
python_version 3.7.7
supervisor 227
timezone America/Vancouver
version 0.111.4
virtualenv false

I’m using HA with the Node-RED add-on integration. What I’d like to do now is to change the server name to something other than the default “Home Assistant”.

My rationale is that, like many others, I’ve imported various flows to steal bits and pieces of flows and now have a Server name pulldown in node properties that consists of six “Home Assistants” and two "Hass.io"s. My server is the first “Home Assistant” but I’d like to make it something more unique. I’ve already chased my tail more than once because I had the wrong “Home Assistant” selected by accident.

Is there any way to change this and what would be the implication for my existing flows?

I’ve searched for the answer online but to no avail. Thanks in advance for for any help!

1 Like

Might sound like a really stupid question… please forgive… I just finished week 1 and approaching info overload. I prolly should have stuck to 2 or 3 topics, but everything was so cool and started to many projects… :wink:

Regarding Node-Red add-on in HA. I’ve followed some YouTube videos on creating a simple alexa-local flow. The question I have is on port usage. I am running the Synology native package from Fredricke and added the Node-Red addon. Versions are 0.111.4 & 6.3.0 respectively.

When I try and publish my node red flow, it wants to use port 80 which is used by my Synology. What port should I be trying/can use? I see where Alexa looks for port 80 and other Node Red addons state port 80 is mandatory and make sure its free. To do so on the Synology requires a hack (from what I’ve read using custom container files which disables the simplicity of the docker UI moving forward). I’ve also read on others alter the macvlan, again, something that seems to break Synology if done outside the UI.

I am using palettes: node-red-contrib-amazon-echo 0.1.10 & node-red-contrib-alexa-home-skill 0.1.17. Deciding on which to use so both are installed. the former I understand resolves the issues with certain Echo units.

Any advice and finger pointing to worthy articles is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

jwb

While not a direct answer to your question, everytime you import a flow from someone, you put it through the Node-Red Scrubber. This will delete the other persons Server, as well as sensitive data like LAT and LONG data.

1 Like

Since addon update 7.0.0 I cannot “move” (scrol) via my android phone on the ha ap…

1 Like

Same for IOS

I updated to 7.0 today and can still scroll when accessing through my android phone and the ha app.

I do not mean scrolling through nodes but the configured nodes.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by not through nodes but configured nodes.

I can scroll through my node pallette, I can scroll through my flows both up and down as well as left and right, and in case you were talking configuration nodes I pulled up the menu and can scroll through those as well.

I also noticed the scrolling issue.
In previous version you could touch the screen and move around. Right now I can’t find any scrolling function at all on Android mobile.
Will try a rollback to 6.4

1 Like

Yes! Exactly!

Zoom out and in works though.

Opened a ticket and got this answer just now:
“Looks like it is addressed in Node-Red 1.1.2 which was released yesterday. Will require an new add on release.”

same problem on ipad, can’t scroll anymore ( tried via addon menu and via nodered ip:1880 with no luck ).
Other “related” issues i found is that sometimes it doesn’t take the click input, had to reselect to move, and other time it highlight elements instead of selecting, like if i’m selecting text.

Hi! Wondering if it would be possible to include node-openzwave-shared in this add-on so that the node-red-contrib-openzwave node could be used in add-on installed nodered?

Thanks for considering!

Is there a way to run this add on as another HA user? This way, when I look at the LogBook, it shows that an event was triggered by that user so I can tell it was done via a Node-RED automation.

I would like to add canvas-gauges to node red to add some unique gauges to my dashboard. The instructions say:

$ npm install canvas-gauges

but npm isn’t installed. I tried putting canvas-gauges in the configuration, but I can’t find any log entry or other way to see if it was installed…or where?

I am running Home Assistant node-red integration (1.1.0) on a raspberry pi 4b

How do I install the package and have it accessible from node-red on my system?

At the end of your automation add the logbook node with the message that you want to apper in the log.

1 Like