Home Assistant Community Add-on: Node-RED

same problem on ipad, can’t scroll anymore ( tried via addon menu and via nodered ip:1880 with no luck ).
Other “related” issues i found is that sometimes it doesn’t take the click input, had to reselect to move, and other time it highlight elements instead of selecting, like if i’m selecting text.

Hi! Wondering if it would be possible to include node-openzwave-shared in this add-on so that the node-red-contrib-openzwave node could be used in add-on installed nodered?

Thanks for considering!

Is there a way to run this add on as another HA user? This way, when I look at the LogBook, it shows that an event was triggered by that user so I can tell it was done via a Node-RED automation.

I would like to add canvas-gauges to node red to add some unique gauges to my dashboard. The instructions say:

$ npm install canvas-gauges

but npm isn’t installed. I tried putting canvas-gauges in the configuration, but I can’t find any log entry or other way to see if it was installed…or where?

I am running Home Assistant node-red integration (1.1.0) on a raspberry pi 4b

How do I install the package and have it accessible from node-red on my system?

At the end of your automation add the logbook node with the message that you want to apper in the log.

1 Like

HI,

I’m new to HA but not to Nodered, and the fact that automations can be run from here is great.

My question is how do I trigger a node to change a Boolean input switch??? For what I can see, a true input doesn’t do the trick.

All I want to do is that when an MQTT signal is true, that the turn_on/off service is called.

I’m sharing my node red nodes, thanks for the help!

[{"id":"b0cef55a.1a16e8","type":"mqtt in","z":"4afaf632.2d9278","name":"","topic":"bathroomHighHumidity","qos":"2","datatype":"auto","broker":"a6698212.e6268","x":140,"y":900,"wires":[["c5e266ec.9637f8"]]},{"id":"c20f57e1.f9b488","type":"api-call-service","z":"4afaf632.2d9278","name":"","server":"f58d9dc.95bbb6","version":1,"debugenabled":true,"service_domain":"input_boolean","service":"turn_on","entityId":"notify_home","data":"{\"message\":\"High Humidity Detected\",\"title\":\"Home Assistant\"}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"payload","output_location_type":"msg","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":600,"y":940,"wires":[["223593e0.3521bc"]]},{"id":"c5e266ec.9637f8","type":"switch","z":"4afaf632.2d9278","name":"","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"true"},{"t":"false"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":2,"x":350,"y":980,"wires":[["c20f57e1.f9b488"],["e708bf91.76eef"]]},{"id":"223593e0.3521bc","type":"debug","z":"4afaf632.2d9278","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":830,"y":980,"wires":[]},{"id":"e708bf91.76eef","type":"api-call-service","z":"4afaf632.2d9278","name":"","server":"f58d9dc.95bbb6","version":1,"debugenabled":true,"service_domain":"input_boolean","service":"turn_off","entityId":"notify_home","data":"","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"payload","output_location_type":"msg","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":600,"y":1020,"wires":[["223593e0.3521bc"]]},{"id":"a6698212.e6268","type":"mqtt-broker","z":"","name":"homeassistant","broker":"localhost","port":"1883","clientid":"","usetls":false,"compatmode":false,"keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closePayload":"","willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":""},{"id":"f58d9dc.95bbb6","type":"server","z":"","name":"Home Assistant","addon":true}]

To monitor an input_boolean, use a State Node
To change the value of an input_boolean, use a Service Node with domain set to input_boolean

Is there a way to update the node red add on to the 1.1.2 maintenance release within Hassio?

Anyone run across this?

I rolled back to a snapshot today, a snapshot I made this morning

After the rollback, my Node-RED flows are from a week ago, absolutely positively not the current state of NR when I made the Home Assistant snapshot

Not sure how to recover all the work I did on flows this week

I have just installe the node-red with the supervisior in HassOS:

Add-on version: 7.0.0
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: HassOS 4.12  (armv7 / raspberrypi3)
 Home Assistant Core: 0.114.1
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 234

However, when I try my first flow with an entity node, I get:

[error] [ha-entity:test] Node-RED custom integration needs to be installed in Home Assistant for this node to function correctly.

I did set a credential_secret and I did set ssl and require_ssl to false.

Thanks in advance to any help :slight_smile:

this is the full log after a restart of the add-on:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: executing... 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on: Node-RED
 Flow-based programming for the Internet of Things
 Add-on version: 7.0.0
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: HassOS 4.12  (armv7 / raspberrypi3)
 Home Assistant Core: 0.114.1
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 234
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums or the Discord chat.
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] node-red.sh: executing... 
patching file nodes/ui_base.html
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1177 (offset 646 lines).
npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
up to date in 1.51s
found 0 vulnerabilities
[cont-init.d] node-red.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] user.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] user.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[17:33:25] INFO: Starting Node-RED...
> addon-node-red@ start /opt
> node $NODE_OPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js "--settings" "/etc/node-red/config.js"
15 Aug 17:33:30 - [info] 
Welcome to Node-RED
===================
15 Aug 17:33:30 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.1.0
15 Aug 17:33:30 - [info] Node.js  version: v12.17.0
15 Aug 17:33:30 - [info] Linux 4.19.127-v7 arm LE
15 Aug 17:33:31 - [info] Loading palette nodes
15 Aug 17:33:43 - [info] Dashboard version 2.22.1 started at /endpoint/ui
/bin/sh: /opt/node_modules/node-red-node-pi-gpio/testgpio.py: not found
15 Aug 17:33:45 - [warn] rpi-gpio : Raspberry Pi specific node set inactive
15 Aug 17:33:45 - [info] Settings file  : /etc/node-red/config.js
15 Aug 17:33:45 - [info] Context store  : 'default' [module=memory]
15 Aug 17:33:45 - [info] User directory : /config/node-red/
15 Aug 17:33:45 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
15 Aug 17:33:45 - [info] Flows file     : /config/node-red/flows.json
15 Aug 17:33:45 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:46836/
15 Aug 17:33:45 - [info] Starting flows
15 Aug 17:33:45 - [info] Started flows
[17:33:45] INFO: Starting NGinx...
nginx: [alert] detected a LuaJIT version which is not OpenResty's; many optimizations will be disabled and performance will be compromised (see https://github.com/openresty/luajit2 for OpenResty's LuaJIT or, even better, consider using the OpenResty releases from https://openresty.org/en/download.html)
15 Aug 17:33:50 - [info] [server:Home Assistant] WebSocket Connecting http://supervisor/core
15 Aug 17:33:50 - [info] [server:Home Assistant] WebSocket Connected to http://supervisor/core
15 Aug 17:34:15 - [error] [ha-entity:test] Node-RED custom integration needs to be installed in Home Assistant for this node to function correctly.
15 Aug 17:36:15 - [error] [ha-entity:test] Node-RED custom integration needs to be installed in Home Assistant for this node to function correctly.
15 Aug 17:38:15 - [error] [ha-entity:test] Node-RED custom integration needs to be installed in Home Assistant for this node to function correctly.
15 Aug 17:40:15 - [error] [ha-entity:test] Node-RED custom integration needs to be installed in Home Assistant for this node to function correctly.

Did you configure server node?

ha

Thanks @Vlad, but I just hadn’t realised that I should install both the add-on in the supervisor and the integration in HACS. After I did that, it works. Thanks to @Paul_sinclair at the discord channel (not that I would advise anybody to visit discord with questions about node red).

Is it possible to use persistent flow values. So restore the value of a flow variable after restart?
like discussed here: link

Yes, it works right now

I use Hass.io with this add-on. After reboot, i keep getting lots of these in my log:

2020-08-23 22:32:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1808155504] Error handling message: Unknown error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py", line 95, in async_handle
    handler(self.hass, self, schema(msg))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 265, in handle_render_template
    state_listener()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 253, in state_listener
    msg["id"], {"result": template.async_render(variables)}
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 230, in async_render
    return compiled.render(kwargs).strip()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1090, in render
    self.environment.handle_exception()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 832, in handle_exception
    reraise(*rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 28, in reraise
    raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "<template>", line 3, in top-level template code
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'
2020-08-23 22:32:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1808155504] Error handling message: Unknown error
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py", line 95, in async_handle
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 265, in handle_render_template
    state_listener()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 253, in state_listener
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 230, in async_render
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1090, in render
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 832, in handle_exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 28, in reraise
    state_listener()
    state_listener()
    state_listener()
    state_listener()
    state_listener()
2020-08-23 22:32:30 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of webostv is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-08-23 22:33:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1808155504] Error handling message: Unknown error
    state_listener()
2020-08-23 22:33:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1808155504] Error handling message: Unknown error
    state_listener()
    state_listener()
    state_listener()
    state_listener()
    state_listener()
    state_listener()
2020-08-23 22:33:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiopylgtv/webos_client.py", line 373, in consumer_handler
    while not closeout_task.done():
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'closeout_task' referenced before assignment
2020-08-23 22:37:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1769766144] Error handling message: Unknown error
    state_listener()
2020-08-23 22:37:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1769766144] Error handling message: Unknown error
    state_listener()
2020-08-23 22:37:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1769766144] Error handling message: Unknown error
    state_listener()
    state_listener()
    state_listener()

I’m pretty sure Node-RED is causing it, but not 100%. This is my configuration:

credential_secret: XsSHXb6Xvv8DJ5hF #I've changed this one, but it's similar 
dark_mode: false
http_node:
  username: secret nodered_username
  password: secret nodered_password
http_static:
  username: secret nodered_username
  password: secret nodered_password
ssl: true
certfile: fullchain.pem
keyfile: privkey.pem
require_ssl: true
system_packages: []
npm_packages: []
init_commands: []

From Googleing, i think maybe the solution could be a long lived token? But i can’t figure out how to apply that. Or am I on the wrong track?

I am having issues with NodeRed where it will use UTC timezones for things like sunrises and sunsets.

I added:

process.env.TZ = "America/Los_Angeles";

to my /config/node-red/settings.js on the line above:
module.exports = {

but still it shows incorrect times for sunset:

I am running Node Red via the Addon in Home Assistant, hosted on HAAS.

this works perfect
I had to format it like this:
curl -d '{"devicetype": "Node-RED"}' -H '"Content-Type: application/json"' -X POST http://192.168.2.8:40850/api

After banging my head against a wall for a good few hours I stumbled upon your advice, it worked perfectly, thanks!

ssl in, grab a key, pop it into the box and stop smashing the magick button!

Error connecting to dbus: Error: connect ENOENT /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket

Can anyone help me with this error
Operating System Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Docker version 19.03.13