Home Assistant Community Add-on: Node-RED

Seriously your work on HA has made it consumable by so many more people!

Little confused. I am on supervisor 118 and node red from notoriousdbg 0.1.12. Do I need to uninstall that version and get node red from Franck. If so how do I save and restore all my flows.
Thanks

Many thanks, this thread and your fast fixes just saved me after hours of upgrading/troubleshooting/restoring, since upgrading to 74 and migrating from the deprecated NotoriousBDG repo. Thanks.

Hmmā€¦the new supervisor (120) seems to break some things. The Hass.io page now gives an error (ā€œUnable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.ā€), and the log says ā€œHass.io config check API errorā€.

Thank you! Ringing bells now!

Hi. New to the community. Just started with hassio on a RP3b a couple of days ago; installed Node-RED yesterday, and programmed some successful test automations with water sensors and a water shut-off valve. Everything was going well, had the devices all talking and sending email notifications, and was working on an actual automation between the sensors and valve yesterday afternoon, when suddenly the HA API error prevented the valve from responding.

I checked the hassio community, and found this thread. Thanks to the community for noting the issues.

HA and Node-RED (hassio 1.7, NR 0.5.0, SU 120) are functioning well again, and my automations are working.

Thanks, frenck, pvizeli, balloob and everyone else (sorry, Iā€™m new and donā€™t know everyone yet :slight_smile:), for the time put into correcting this issue; knowing that there are responsive, qualified people working on this project has me appreciating the project even more.

2 Likes

I was able to reproduce the issue, nevertheless, a simple reboot fixed it for meā€¦ Maybe something worth trying, while we figure this out :wink:

Unfortunately I am unable to reboot. Web Interface says ā€œHass.io config check API errorā€ when selecting Configuration -> General -> Restart. SSH with command ā€œhassio host rebootā€ says ā€œThe HTTP request failed with the error: Post http://hassio/host/reboot: dial tcp 172.30.32.2:80: getsockopt: connection refusedā€. I can of course pull the power plug of the RPi, but Iā€™m not sure whether this is a good idea or not :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Exactly what I did because the supervisor update made my whole thing go haywire. After plugging it back in, give it like 15-20 minutes to restart. Still had to restart the node-red add-on again manually after all that but now all is smooth again.

Thanks, I pulled the plug, letā€™s hope for the best!

-edit-

Only took 5 minutes, itā€™s up and running again. Thanks guys!

1 Like

Iā€™m still getting "24 Jul 19:00:01 - [error] [server:Home Assistant] Home assistant connection failed with error: Connection to home assistant could not be established with config: 192.168.1.119:8123 " after updating everything to latest. I donā€™t understand why it canā€™t talk to HA.

@smartsoldier Update your URL, see the release notes:

Wow. If only I wasnā€™t too stupid to read the notes. All fixed now. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Frenck, where do we set that setting to choose our HA URL like you mention here? Mine should be set to that based on my error message below but would like to confirm.

I am using version 0.4 and I see you released 0.5.0 earlier today. I donā€™t see an update option in HA or NR. How can I update to .5 now? I think it might solve my problems. I migrated from Notorius DBG to your version today but I keep getting this error spammed in my node red debug:

"Home assistant connection failed with error: Connection to home assistant could not be established with config: http://hassio/homeassistant <password redacted>"

Push the refresh in the top right of the add-on store in the HASS-IO menu within HA

1 Like

My savior. Thank you

Awesomeā€¦ thx a lot for the quick update

Alright Iā€™ve done everything Iā€™ve backed up my Node-Red data ready to nuke Node-Red completely and restart.

I uninstall but my data keeps persisting across installing again. Where is the stored for the add-ons so I can completely get rid of that and start from scratch?

Iā€™ve asked the same question. I donā€™t know the difference between both versions, but notoriousdbgā€™s says ā€œdeprecatedā€, which is never a good thing.

Would be great to find out what we should do!

I migrated from node red under ā€Žnotoriousdbg add on to the one discussed in this string and I think all is well. I first exported all of my flows and then uninstalled the old node red and installed the new node red. I did run into the same problem with http://hassio/homeassistant but after reboot it looks like itā€™s working. I tried to set up a server using http://hassio/homeassistant with my password but that did not work. The server that was generated by node red with what I think is a derived API key worked. When I imported the old flows the server that was part of that flow had to be deleted and in most cases a restart of node red was necessary to stop the connection errors. One additional thing. When I exported my flows I exported them to the LIBRARY. The LIBRARY is in the hassio/share/nodered/lib/flows. When you install the new node red and try to go to the LIBRARY under the (upper right hand corner =) import you will not see the old library. If you navigate to the flows via ssh they are all there individually as you named them when you exported them. Open them up in any text editor and copy them to the clipboard. Then go into import flows, select clipboard and past them. You will then be able to see them in the tap you selected.

Hope this help.

2 Likes