Home Assistant Community Add-on: Node-RED

@frenck does that also include appdaemon?

:tada: Release v0.5.0

This release adds a little piece of automation to the add-on, because of the recent issues occurring after the 118 release of the Hass.io Supervisor.

Let me be straight here. This is not a bugfix on the Node-RED add-on. This release helps you fixing your (broken or maybe migrated from older or alternative add-on) Node-RED configuration!

This current release checks your Node-RED flows and Home Assistant server configuration. If it finds that the configuration is incorrect, it will fix this, right before Node-RED starts.

Be sure of the following:

Your Home Assistant server URL should be: http://hassio/homeassistant

If the add-on finds a configured server with the above URL, it will take care of using/configuring the correct Hass.io API token.

So in case, you are using something else. Change your server URL, deploy your workflow. Close the Node-RED tabs in your browser. Restart add-on. Done.

Full Changelog

Added

• Adds automatic configuration of the Hassio API token

Fixed

• Fixes incorrect title in add-on README template
  • Fixes shellcheck warning
3 Likes

Lets keep it on topic here. Thank you.

still the same :frowning:

FYI: I have Supervisor 119 installed

Which logs do you need?

Node Red Addon Log:

24 Jul 21:36:12 - [warn] [api-call-service:OFF] Error calling service, home assistant api error
24 Jul 21:36:12 - [error] [api-call-service:OFF] Error calling service, home assistant api error
24 Jul 21:36:44 - [warn] [api-call-service:ON] Error calling service, home assistant api error
24 Jul 21:36:44 - [error] [api-call-service:ON] Error calling service, home assistant api error
24 Jul 21:36:45 - [warn] [api-call-service:ON] Error calling service, home assistant api error
24 Jul 21:36:45 - [error] [api-call-service:ON] Error calling service, home assistant api error
24 Jul 21:36:46 - [warn] [api-call-service:ON] Error calling service, home assistant api error
24 Jul 21:36:46 - [error] [api-call-service:ON] Error calling service, home assistant api error

Thank you, is there anything in the supervisor logs?

only this:

18-07-24 19:36:12 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] /homeassistant/api/services/light/turn_off access from a0d7b954_nodered
18-07-24 19:36:44 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] /homeassistant/api/services/switch/turn_on access from a0d7b954_nodered
18-07-24 19:36:45 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] /homeassistant/api/services/switch/turn_on access from a0d7b954_nodered
18-07-24 19:36:46 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] /homeassistant/api/services/light/turn_on access from a0d7b954_nodered
18-07-24 19:37:50 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] /homeassistant/api/services/light/turn_on access from a0d7b954_nodered
18-07-24 19:37:50 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] /homeassistant/api/services/light/turn_off access from a0d7b954_nodered
18-07-24 19:37:56 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] /homeassistant/api/services/light/turn_on access from a0d7b954_nodered
18-07-24 19:37:57 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] /homeassistant/api/services/light/turn_off access from a0d7b954_nodered
18-07-24 19:38:02 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] /homeassistant/api/services/switch/turn_on access from a0d7b954_nodered

Wow, thanks for your update @frenck! I’ve had troubles with this bug, and of course it happened right when I merged loads of automations to Node-RED :unamused: Is there a way to force Hassio to update the addon? The web interface states v0.4.0 is the latest version, even after a restart.

Thank you @1337hium, that is helpful.

This release at least fixed the API key issues that some users are having. Sorry to see this is not the only issue.

I’m getting in touch with some people.

1 Like

Go into the add-on store, top right there is a refresh button.

2 Likes

Are you using the new auth system / do you have any auth providers configured? And if so, did you enable the legacy api password provider as mentioned in the instructions?

Nope, no new Auth System or anything other.

Will do a reboot now to check if maybe this helps :wink:

API key issue resolved. thanks m8

Ah, thanks, update went flawlessly and it’s up and running again! :clap::clap:

The HASS.IO token doesn’t seem to be populating when I configure the HA server in Node-Red. After an upgrade to v.5 , multiple restarts, and to make sure the URL is "http://hassio/homeassistant.

Is there anything else that is needed?

Nope, that should be it. Please check the add-on logs. It should drop an INFO message about fixing it, in case it is off.

Please be sure to close your browser as well, since Node-RED keeps dev versions of your flows straight in your active browser.

Sincerely apologize but still not working.

Are these the “INFO” messages about fixing it?

[cont-init.d] 30-auto-api-token.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 30-auto-api-token.sh: exited 0.

24 Jul 16:13:10 - [error] [server:Home Assistant1] Home assistant connection failed with error: Connection to home assistant could not be established with config: http://hassio/homeassistant <password not used>

Finally, everything up and running again. For some reason i had Supervisor 115 installed :dizzy_face:

Supervisor 120 just has been released, adding another fix to the stack of fixes tonight.
Reload you Supervisor in the Hass.io panel to get the update.

3 Likes

Working again with supervisor 120 and v0.5.

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Thanks for the hard work, it is appreciated.

2 Likes