Home Assistant Community Add-on: Tor

Exactly.

Everything works great, except loading the full home assistant page in any of the tor browsers for iOS. :frowning:

Im here to bring HOPE to the IOS users.

Im using the product below, it loads the full hassio login page.

Right now i am still unable to make it work, im having an error ā€˜ā€˜Unable to connect to Home Assistantā€™ā€™ after i put my credentials.

Safe Browser Secure

Safe Browser Secure is a free IOS/IPhone/IPad browser that has a very stable TOR implementation to allow you to browse normal web sites anonymously and access .onion sites. It also supports TOR bridges, and is the only iOS TOR browser to support pluggable transports (obfs2, obfs3 and ScrambleSuit), crucial if your government or ISP blocks TOR, like the Great Firewall of China.

I found that on my hassio log:

Log Details (WARNING)

Mon Oct 29 2018 23:37:03 GMT-0300 (HorĆ”rio PadrĆ£o de BrasĆ­lia)

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from 172.ip.ip.ip

The addon gives me an onion adress, but when trying to reach that the Tor browser says:
ā€œDe verbinding werd geherinitialiseerd
De verbinding met de server werd geherinitialiseerd tijdens het laden van de pagina.ā€

It used to work perfect, before I had to reinstall a snapshot.
Are there some cached files I first need to delete or so?

Maybe it is not possible to combine duckdns+letsencrypt with the tor addon?

Hi.

Is it possible to access HA using Tor when my ISP uses carrier grade NAT? Iā€™ve searched but didnā€™t find a definite answer. Iā€™ve only found one person who claimed it was possible, unfortunately without going in to details. When I try I canā€™t connect and it times out.

This is what I would like to know too - I just signed up for a 4G internet connection (internet is really bad here in some parts of Australia) and have ISP NAT and no public IP. I tried installing the addon just now and didnā€™t have any luckā€¦

I think we are out of luck. If you eventually get it working, please let me know.

Great job Frenck ,it works flawlessly.

The add-on does work and allows access to HA instance over Tor network.
However, as previous users pointed out, the documentation needs to be changed, namely:

1. The correct address to access HA should include port, i.e abcdef1234567890.onion:8123, otherwise it will time out or something.
  2. I was unable to make Firefox (OSX) to open HAā€™s webpage with the add-on configured in stealth mode, just because I couldnā€™t find where to put that HidServAuth abcdef1234567890.onion ABCDEF1122334455667789 cookie in Firefox. If using Tor browser and follow the instructions, it works fine. I think it is only possible to use Firefox if stealth mode is disabled.
  3. Orfox does forget login credentials upon its restart, which looks like a bug. Letā€™s see what they respond to my issue request.
  4. Tor browser for Android (Alpha) was unable to find the webpage that was accessible by Orfox. Tried many times, all settings are there but no luckā€¦ Have no idea why, very disappointing.

:tada: Release v1.6.1

Full Changelog

Changed

• Fixes spelling error in Dockerfile
  • Removes BountySource links
  • Removes Anchore.io links
  • Updates maintenance year to 2019
  • Refactor of GitLab CI
  • Upgrades add-on base image to 2.3.1
  • Configure Renovate (#8)
  • Replaces add-on link with GitHub link

Questions? Join our Discord server! https://discord.me/hassioaddons
Enjoying my add-ons? Consider supporting my work: https://patreon.com/frenck

Hi, did you manage to access hole assistant with Firefox?.. browser for Android (alpha) works fine but forget loggins too

The only way that works for me from android mobile is Orfox. Tor browser doesnā€™t work.

Regarding Firefox, I tried only a desktop version and it doesnā€™t work if you configured your site as stealth, just because I couldnā€™t find where to enter that secret cookie info (see my post above)

I am in the same boat with 4g. Have you found any solution for remote access?
I hope Home Assistant cloud would help

As a matter of fact, I just got i working tonight :slight_smile:
I tried Tor browser for Android and i works. I am still trying to make it work with ā€œstealth modeā€ enabled. I had to change the ports to ā€œYOUR_HA_INTERNAL_IP:8123:80ā€.

EDIT: Changed ā€œhidden serviceā€ to ā€œstealth modeā€

Contrary to AhmadK and Fernandex00 i have also ā€œstealth modeā€ working. I am using Tor browser for Android (alpha). It remembers my auth cookies between sessions too.

Iā€™m using Tor brownser for Android, it works, but every time I got to enter credentials, even if the page is reloaded

Just get the update today for Tor brownser alpha and I unable to enter home assistant, this happens after set the username and

Error: Message format incorrect: require key not provided @ data[ā€˜client_idā€™]

perhaps itā€™s a good idea to go to their github page and open a new issue?

I already did that here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/issues/2828.
Please thumbs up the post if youā€™re experiencing the same issue.

It looks like the same problem.
Thor establishes a connection, but authorization in HA fails.

The same error in the TOR browser on Windows. And on android in orbot.
Youā€™re about to give access to your Home Assistant instance.

Logging in with Home Assistant Local.
Error: Message format incorrect: required key not provided @ data[ā€˜client_idā€™]

config

{
ā€œlog_levelā€: ā€œinfoā€,
ā€œsocksā€: false,
ā€œhidden_servicesā€: true,
ā€œstealthā€: false,
ā€œclient_namesā€: [],
ā€œportsā€: [
ā€œ8123ā€
]
}

log home assistant

Log Details (ERROR)
Mon Feb 25 2019 02:05:25 GMT+0300 (RTZ 2 (Š·ŠøŠ¼Š°))
Data does not match schema: required key not provided @ data[ā€˜client_idā€™]