Protect your privacy and access Home Assistant via Tor.
This Tor add-on allows you to access your Home Assistant instance as an Onion site, trough Tor’s Hidden Service feature. With this feature enabled, you do not need to open your firewall ports or setup HTTPS to enable secure remote access.
This is useful if you want to have:
- Access your Home Assistant instance remotely without opening a firewall port or setting up a VPN.
- Don’t want to or know how to get an SSL/TLS certificate and HTTPS configuration setup.
- Want to block attackers from even being able to access/scan your port and server at all.
- Want to block anyone from knowing your home IP address and seeing your traffic to your Home Assistant.
The add-on also offers the possibility to open a Sock proxy into the Tor network. Allowing you to access Tor from any of your (SOCKS supporting) applications through your Hass.io installation.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “Tor” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Start the “Tor” add-on
- Check the logs of the “Tor” add-on to see if everything went well. The log will also display your Tor .onion address.
Please read the documentation for more information about the use and configuration of this add-on.
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as a Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.