Home Assistant Community Add-on: UniFi Controller

This does work when HA isn’t able to read device_tracker/presence info in earlier versions (ex. v0.22) but unfortunately didn’t solve the 404 on v0.23.

Do I understand it correctly that with 2021.6 I can now configure Unifi to use a different VLAN (the Unifi management VLAN), than the rest of HASS (IoT VLAN)?

I still need to migrate from a docker setup to a Home Assistant Blue Odroid setup, so I cannot check myself yet.

That would be very nice. If it isn’t available yet, maybe v0.23.1 (current latest) offers it. I didn’t see it in the release notes though. I don’t have time to test it at the moment, but will as soon as I have.

Any chance of getting to webUI working with ingress?

I can confirm that 0.23.1 is working for me.

Add-on version: 0.23.1
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
System: Home Assistant OS 6.0 (aarch64 / raspberrypi4-64)
Home Assistant Core: 2021.6.4
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2021.06.0

Didn’t see anything relating to VLANs, for those who are interested in that.

OK, so I’m about to migrate my Unifi from my NAS to my Home Assistant Blue. Then I saw this in the addon changelog:

This is the final release that supports 32-bits operating systems. Support for 32-bits architectures (armhf, armv7 & i386) will be dropped as of the next release.

So is my Hass Blue future proof? It’s an ODROID-N2+ (arm8 I believe) and is Hass OS 64 bit? Or should I keep running Unifi on my NAS?

Given the list of builds here and there not being a -64 version for the odroid n2 I fear the worst :frowning:

Thx!

Update: Confirmed here HA OS on ODROID-N2+ - #14 by ardysusilo and in Discord Hass OS on Odroid N2+ (Hass Blue) is 64bits.

1 Like

Hello all.
How can I SSH to the controller?
I found several appearances of this question in this thread but seems that noone has been answered.

What I’m trying to resolve is missing statistics on the Controller dashboards. I can only see datapoints recorded while I’m logged in. But cannot see anything from the past. One of suggestions found on Unifi forum is to ssh and check the time.
Official pages suggest to fix mongo database. To do that, the Controller must be shut down (while obviously docker must be up): UniFi - Repairing Database Issues on the UniFi Network Application – Ubiquiti Support and Help Center

Hi All!

I have the same behavior. Interesting, wenn I delete the addon and reinstall it (loose all config), WebUI works till I reboot the PI. After reboot no webUI, no chance to recover. Core restart didn’t helped. No errors in log(i’ve put it in debug mode). Some ideas?

Add-on: UniFi Controller
Manage your UniFi network using a web browser

Add-on version: 0.23.2
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
System: Home Assistant OS 6.1 (armv7 / raspberrypi4)
Home Assistant Core: 2021.7.4
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2021.06.8

Hello,

i have to safe a custom config.gateway.json on the controller. How can i do this with Hassio and my Unifi Controller as addon

I’m having the same issue now, did you solve it?
Restarting core doesnt fix it

Yes, one of the updates (v0.23.1 or v0.23.2) fixed it for me. I have subsequently moved to an AWS hosted controller so I am not sure of the current status.

Mmm strange, doesnt work here on that update

An update to HAOS 6.2 has blocked my access to the controller web UI on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

1 Like

Same here - now getting ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Still trying to figure this out. Haven’t found a clue yet :slight_smile:

in the same boat

Unsupported protocol

The client and server don’t support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Here’s the bug report.

Okay, so I uninstalled, reinstalled with backup from previous month. Unchecked SSL option and started. Back to normal. (Map still not working, otherwise everything seems back to normal)

1 Like

This addon is not compatible with the processor of your device or the operating system you have installed on your device

I am using Rpi 4 - why am I seeing this now when this worked for last two years on both pi 3 and 4.

From v1.0.0 changelog:

Breaking changes

• :fire: Drop support for 32-bits systems (armv7, i386) @frenck (#242) As announced in the previous release, support for the 32-bits operating system has been dropped. Please migrate to a 64-bits (operating) system in order to use this add-on.