Home Assistant Community Add-on: Visual Studio Code

Hi Frenck , I still can’t use the new features? I have restart home assistant today again, but no chance for use all the new commands. always the message “property is not allowed”. sure, that is no issue by my home assistant instance? :wink:

Sorry, maybe I’m too impatient? :-)))

Greetings
Frank

The issues are known, solutions are being implemented. Please have a bit of patience, thanks. :+1:

1 Like
2 Likes

Great Job! Sorry for my big Patience’s :wink: - Now, all is fine on my site! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can someone tell me how I can access the .storage folder and files in VSC. Thank you.

In setting search ‘hidden’ or ‘hide’. By default the folder is hidden.

2 Likes

Thank you, I tried hidden but not hide, hide bought it up.

On the latest release, the VSCode icon on the sidebar is not displaying (altough its working normally, just missing the icon). Anyone else having this?

Are you on Home Assistant .113? The MDI icon for VS Code changed on .113, so the add-on was updated to use the new icon. If you’re on an older version of Home Assistant, it probably can’t find the icon by the new name.

1 Like

Damn, im sorry. My mistake. Thanks!

Hi, is there a way to install on HA core ? Or is only available for HA supervised ?

Thx in advance,

Simone

Sure - you can run VS Code Server alongside HA Core. You just have to install/configure/integrate it yourself.

There’s a docker image: https://hub.docker.com/r/codercom/code-server

And you’ll probably want to configure a few extensions, most importantly the Home Assistant Config Helper. But this is a thread for the community add-on, so details are out-of-scope here.

1 Like

hello, after the last update the icon on the sidebar is missing. any idea how to get it back?

Upgrade to Home Assistant Core 0.113.0 or newer.

thanks. that solved it :slight_smile:

I have a couple of strange annoyances that occur when I copy/paste code from VSC, either to another part of the same yaml file or to this forum.

1. When I copy code to the same (or even another) yaml file the indentation gets messed up. Generally the first line of the pasted section is indented an additional 4 spaces and the rest 2
  2. When I paste into this forum I end up with an entire blank line in between each line of code.

Is anyone else having this same behaviour?

3 Likes

Yes to #1. It is making me crazy not to be able to copy blocks of code within the same file, or file to file, without ending up with a formatting mess. :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi ,

In HAOS version 0113.3 , this Home Assistant Community Addon it is still unvailable

This add-on is not available on your system.

When will it be available ?
Thank you

The add-on is only available for 64-bit installs and is not recommended for systems with under 4 GB ram.

Thank you for the clarification