Home Assistant Community Add-on: Visual Studio Code

Hey, the Raspberry foundation just released a 8Go Pi4. If I recall correctly, the issue with Raspberries is the ram. Is there any way the VsCode extension might run on it?

The add-on is already available for the Raspberry Pi 4

ok my badā€¦ I didnā€™t fully read the release notes, I guess Iā€™m running the 32bit version of HassOS as it is still the recommended version according to the docā€¦
And I guess there is no way to upgrade to the 64 bit version without restarting from scratchā€¦

1 Like

Hi.

Iā€™m trying to add github to my vscode addon. Iā€™ve initialised the repository, added my first commit and added a remote.
When I try to publish, Iā€™m asked to login to Github (Allow), asked to Authorize Visual Studio Code to access GitHub (Authorize) and end up on a Oh no! An error occurred! page.

Edit: Iā€™ve tried the HTTPS link in the above. When I use the SSH link, the publish command failed with an error in the git log Host key verification failed.

Can anyone assist please?

Hi,

I have the samen issue, normaly i can push my commits using my token in the terminal.

But now everytime I want to push it to Github it needs to authenticate with Github and that fails.

Assistants will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

Hi @frenck, can you check if you can reopen the following github issue:

The issue still appears.

Thanks in advance!

I canā€™t find on the forum, but does anybody know how I can downgrade an add-on? vscode is really not working anymore, 50% of the time I get the reconnect error and since the last update it takes about 3 minutes to connect if it works. Also vscode now takes about 100% of one of the four cpuā€™s on my NUC.

Iā€™ve tried to run vscode on my windows desktop and connect, can;t get it to work. Also tried to install a container myself with vscode couldnā€™t even get samba or ssh to work in that. So iā€™m back to the add-on, but I really need to downgrade it to a version which works for me.

Only way to downgrade is to restore a snapshot so far as I know.

1 Like

@frenck found a way to use the NOT condition

as the check is ok but im getting this tho

Home Assistant 0.111.4
visual studio code 2.3.0

did i miss reading something

after a restart still there

condition:
  not:

not needs to be on a new indented line

Thatā€™s not what the docs say:

Hi,

The auto-completion feature is not working for me. I see no errors; I reinstalled the add-on as well. Has something changed that I missed out?
Thanks

At my end itā€™s not working anymore either. Though since I canā€™t get it to work if I use vscode standalone on windows either Iā€™m inclined to believe it has something to do with my HA supervised install. I also have the reconnect issue. Iā€™m going to try the HA OS version on my NUC as soon as they push python 3.8 to it. What kind of installation do you use?

A little sidenote, the auto-complete function isnā€™t made by frenck, so he wonā€™t be able to do anything about it if it doesnā€™t work.

Even on the standalone it is not working anymore for me.

Which installation type do you use? And versions?

I am on MacOS and using Visual Studio code Version: 1.46.1

The Homeassistant extension is setup correctly as it populates errors in config with red swigglies

I actually meant what kind of HA install do you have and which version. Iā€™m inclined to believe itā€™s a HA problem rather then vscode.

I have installed Homeassistant supervised on Ubuntu 18.04. and HA version 0.111.4

Frenck,
Sorry about this but Iā€™m having to use NotePad++ for some of my editing now.
If if cut and paste from some areas to other areas (it seems to be pretty universal) It changes my indenting.
So copying an automation to use as a basis of another automation, screws the yaml up.
I use VSC running on my workstation NOT as an HA Addon but I believe you wrote the HA addon for VSC ??? (ie this is not HA related) and I think thatā€™s what is affecting me here.
Additionally, I use the templating tool to generate yaml for my ui-lovelace.yaml and that is similarly affected when pasting.
Apologies if this is not the appropriate place or you are not the person to ask
Let me know if there is any extra info you need
Cheers