Home Assistant Community Add-on: Visual Studio Code

Same problem.

Yea same problem for me when I updated. Not an issue for now but definitely annoying

Yes same problem for me also. Seems to only affect sensors.yaml and binary_sensors.yaml ???

Yaml is already a pain 
 if on top of that we’re getting wrong indications 
 :frowning:

I’m using the VSCode a lot for my HA installation (Raspberry Pi 4, HomeAssistant OS) but one thing does not work, I can’t preview images in my www folder, anyone can help?

2 Likes

Did you solve the “Property platform is not allowed” problem and if so - how?
For me it is the same 
 within the included sensor yaml files → the same error message :frowning:

Yes, by going back to version 4.0.0. There’s no official info about this “bug” yet - why it’s happening

It would be nice to hear some word from developers

You have it here

1 Like

How do you do that? Thanks!

@pepe59: thanks! I hope that authors will find the problem soon

@oalbaf:Go to supervisor (if you have it) → backups and see if you have a partial backup of VS4.0.0. and restore VB code from that.
If you don’t have supervisor then
 well, if you have HA and addons in docker then you can remove current version and install earlier one, if i remember correct. But i can’t tell you details doing that since i don’t have docker so i don’t know exact details.

Since sometime in the past few weeks, auto completion of HA entities and (mdi) icon name completion stopped working in my vscode addon (installed in a HA supervised installation).

TBH I have no idea what could have caused this change.

Is there anything I could check to find out, why this isn’t working anymore?

I had a similar observation and digging in found that the most recent add-on update must have tipped the CPU requirement for me. When the HA extension tries to evaluate auto-completion names, the node process will max out the CPU in my VM for some time. If I wait long enough, auto completion will work, but it’s too slow in general. I added an extra CPU to the VM and that helped some, but not much.

Okay, I should clarify this a bit, as I suspect, this is not a performance problem in my case: The auto completion is generally working, i.e. popping up instantly w/o delay, but it’s missing any HA related suggestions:

1 Like

Ever since VSC got renamed to Studio Code Server the window.autoDetectColorScheme setting is ignored for me and doesn’t work. Running on Chrome under macos. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

Studio Code server 4.1.0 complains of platform: webostv.turn_on: Value is not accepted. Valid values: numeric state after migration to HA 2022.02 which introduced WebOS integration breaking changes.
Configuration is ok and works as expected:

Great Addon!
I have a question regarding configuration. Can I add to packages definition pip3 install command to install python modules on startup? I tried regular command to but it is not working but I can install modules in addon’s in terminal window after installing python3-distutils, python3-apt on startup.

Artur

Hello.
What kind of auto-completions does this plugin support? I rarely get any useful autocompletion, and I am wondering if it is limited to certain things and/or properties?
For example, should I get auto completion inside this template?

brightness_pct: "{{states('input_number.brightness') | float(0)}}"

That will be awesome, but I don’t know if this is possible. Will love to know the limits, so I can’t know what to count on and what to have at hand to copy-paste

I’m facing the same problem since the upgrade.
Created an issue on Github, feel free to add your info.

Having ‘Studio Code Server’ available is pretty amazing in HA running with the HA app on Mac. But some basic things don’t work at all:

• copy
  • paste
  • scroll using trackpad
    Can anyone help?

I’m also not sure how to upgrade it from v4.0.x to v4.1 
 I have enabled the local terminal but how and where do I upload the new release files? Thanks.

I just inatalled HA a few weeks ago to test it out, so I am quite a noob.
Yesterday I installed the Visula studio Code Server plugin. I am trying to use this in the browser.
But whenever I start it, the first time it seems to fetch some entities I get the attached erormessages. I really don’t know what to do with that. Entities are not shown

Can you help please?

I forgot: This is running on VirtualBox on a Mac using the latest haos image.