Home assistant community addons : Formerly the Logitech Media Server (LMS) & Squeezelite

Hi everyone,
first of all thanks for the great adon.
I don’t see the cover?
No covers can be seen in the Home Assistant, but they can be seen in Squeezzelite on the computer.
It is also not visible in the home assistant app.
What could be the reason for this?
Thanks in advance.

Home Assistant

Squeezzelite

I also get some error message!

[20:19:05.005119] send_packet:105 failed writing to socket: 32, Broken pipe
[20:19:05.005205] sq_get_metadata:396 [0x7c2618]: cannot get metadata

Looks like it could be an issue with the url images mapping in the theme for ingress, please log an issue on github.

Phill

nickrout
I have just installed this great add on LMS. finally a workable multi speaker music solution. I note you said you had yours in an iframe. When I tried this the limiting size of iframes meant that some controls were not visible (volume) and easily accesible. Do you have some tips and tricks? At the moment I am running it from a side panel link.
Pat

panel_iframe:

music:
    title: LMS
    url: http://192.168.20.3:9000/
    icon: mdi:music-circle-outline
2 Likes

Nickrout,
I have been playing with this for a while and obviously my syntax is not right somewhere. I have LMS installed on the HASSOS running on intel NUC. I want to be able to see the NFS share on my NAS (Truenas 12.0 U5.1)
The share is located on my NAS with file path /mnt/zfs-2-2-2tb/family
I see in the LMS docs that I should be able to add a mount point in the config. I put in what i thought was right but the following error in log?

mkhadir /data/mnt/nfs
[cont-init.d] 11-ha-dirs.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 15-ha-mounts.sh: executing... 
mount -v 192.168.0.251:/mnt/zfs-2-2-2tb/family /data/mnt/nfs
mount.nfs: mount(2): Invalid argument
mount.nfs: mount(2): Protocol not supported
mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
mount.nfs: timeout set for Wed Feb 16 11:48:53 2022
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=4.2,addr=192.168.0.251,clientaddr=192.168.0.22'
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=4.1,addr=192.168.0.251,clientaddr=192.168.0.22'
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=4.0,addr=192.168.0.251,clientaddr=192.168.0.22'
[cont-init.d] 15-ha-mounts.sh: exited 32.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] 50-pause.sh: executing... 
[cont-finish.d] 50-pause.sh: exited 0.
[cont-finish.d] 99-message.sh: executing... 
-----------------------------------------------------------
                Oops! Something went wrong.

We are so sorry, but something went terribly wrong when
 starting or running this add-on.

Be sure to check the log above, line by line, for hints.

I don’t claim at all to be a NFS expert. Can you post the settings you entered in the addon?

PS I think add -o nolock to the beginning of the mount setting, so the whole line will be sometging like

- -o nolock 192.168.0.251:/mnt...

(Edited to correct)

Thats all right @nickrout I am had the dubious pleasure of writing NFS servers/clients from scratch, I think Nick is right and you may want to try forcing to v3

Nick, Phil,
thanks for your time.
I have this mount point in truenas
mnt

I then put the following in lms config.

this is the error in the log upon restart.

I know it will be something like the old dos message - syntax error press the wrong key!!!

Any advice is welcome.
Pat

I just (or better finally) installed the add-on to replace an Ubuntu VM with LMS.
No issues with installation and configuration.
I use an NFS share on a Synology NAS

links: []
mounts:
  - '-t nfs -rw 192.168.2.2:/volume1/music /data/mnt/nfs'
dirs:
  - /data/mnt/nfs
init_commands: []
packages:
  - avahi-daemon

during startup following in the logs (don’t know if the invalid argument is normal):

mkhadir /data/mnt/nfs
[cont-init.d] 11-ha-dirs.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 15-ha-mounts.sh: executing... 
mount -v -t nfs -rw 192.168.2.2:/volume1/music /data/mnt/nfs
mount.nfs: timeout set for Sun Feb 20 18:16:28 2022
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=4.2,addr=192.168.2.2,clientaddr=192.168.2.40'
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=4.1,addr=192.168.2.2,clientaddr=192.168.2.40'
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=4.0,addr=192.168.2.2,clientaddr=192.168.2.40'
[cont-init.d] 15-ha-mounts.sh: exited 0.

Problem is when I try to save a playlist, server.log has following error:

[22-02-20 17:45:30.5629] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::_filehandleFromNameOrString (86) Error: Could't open /data/mnt/nfs/Playlists/testlist.m3u for writing.

So even adding -rw in the mount, it still seems read-only.

I need RW to be able to use LMSannounce as it tries to save the current playlist to resume it after the service call.
On my ubuntu machine I am able to write in the mounted folder, here it was mounted in fstab with 192.168.2.2:/volume1/music /mnt/nfs-music nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

What can be wrong ?

I see 2 syntax errors:

• after the IP address you are missing a :
  • the / after media doesn’t need to be there I think

So would be something like
192.168.0.251:/mnt/zfs-2-2-2tb/family/media

Geert,
sorry I don’t have an answer but I’m just adding more info for the real gurus here.
I changed the path to my mount point in config to
- '-o nolock //192.168.0.251/mnt/zfs-2-2-2tb/family/media/ /data/mnt/nfs'

The log shows this error,

The share in NFS is set with user, group of root and wheel. I had read that setting this should dispense with any permissions issues. ??

Pat

Syntax… See my previous post :wink:

I was able to solve it… my mistake: NFS rights on the NAS

Geert
thanks for the input. I tried those syntax error fixes. The process within the log has now chnaged slightly. this is the relevant part of the log dealing witth the mount.

Some form of permission problem?
Pat

try in the Teminal and Web addon:-

➜  ~ showmount --exports 192.168.0.251

Phil
apologies for my lack of linux skills. When I enter this command in terminal the showmount is not recognised as a command? it was in red…
I then checked help and it indicated that perhaps i preface with a ha.
I did this and still not recognising the command showmount.
Pat

Update
I guess my lack of skills in Linux will just continue. I did however find that some guru had created a free bsd plugin for Spotify within the LMS server.
I installed this within my truenas LMS jail, plugin and woohoo LMS now plays Spotify.
I can also see my folders within the nas.
Now to just allow ha to see the server for playback options.

@Patraff my bad install the nfs-utils package in the web & terminal addon sorry bit slow atm third child just arrived :wink:

@Patraff do try adding as the first option -t nfs, is the mount actually failing or just complaining?