Home assistant community addons : Formerly the Logitech Media Server (LMS) & Squeezelite

Phil,
sorry, haven’t been able to reply. We have had a week of intense flooding. When you mention installing the nfs-utils package using the web terminal - does the fact that I’m running the hassos build direct to a NUC drive create an issue?
Because I don’t have an underlying linux install what would be the command line to actually install this? I have a basic understanding of the apt-get … process when using linux but when I try this in the web terminal the command is not understood.

home assistant is based on alpine linux, not debian/ubuntu. In alpine you use apk to install packages. At a guess

apk add nfs-utils

Nick,
that worked. I guess the utils package installed.
Can I just say a big thanks to you and Phil and the other gurus here. I can now see my mount directory and lms has imported all my media file info.

The setting that worked for future reference of anyone else.
lms config

- '-o nolock 192.168.0.251:/mnt/zfs-2-2-2tb/family/media /data/mnt/nfs'
dirs:
  - /data/mnt/nfs```

In the truenas panel I have the folder set to root/wheel permissions. 

thanks heaps.
1 Like

Hi
I’ve been using LMS and squeezelite on HA for a month now and I’m loving it! It makes multiroom so easy and the fact that it can combine all my music services is just amazing. I’m only having one issue. I am not the only user of HA and LMS, on HA I’ve created user accounts for the whole family, but I can’t seem to find any similar option on LMS, thus, everyone in the house has toyed with the settings at least once and somehow managed to destroy it, and I have to restore from backup. So, is there a way to have a second interface with no access to settings? I mean, it could be a second interface, user access control or even protect access to settings with a password.

There is a plugin called Nosetup.

I installed it, but I don’t see how it works, there is no settings for it and a search in google gives me nothing.

What theme are you using in the web browser for squeezebox?

I’m using the Material Skin. I also have another question, I was thrilled to find the roomskills plug in to add Alexa as a player in LMS, but I can’t get the plugin to work since it operates over another port: 32655. What can be done in this case?

This should work as the plugin uses the host network

➜  ~ docker exec -it addon_local_lms bash                                                                                                                                                                                                
root@local-lms:/# apt-get install netcat                                                                                                                                                                                                 
root@local-lms:/# nc  -v -l -p 32655
listening on [any] 32655 ...
connect to [192.168.XXX.XXX] from xxx.xxx [192.168.XXX.XXX] 51108
wibble
root@local-lms:/# 

Client machine

nc xxxx 32655
wibble
^C

So seems to work at a network level.

Phill.

Bugger, I installed nosetup to try and help out, but it has disappeared - quite literally - from the plugins menu and the interface.

weird.

Sounds like it may have failed to initialise, but this is not the case with debug mode it seems to load and do nothing… so looks like NoSetup probably needs updating for 8.x?

I’d just like to add my thanks for all the comments above.

I have been trying for hours (and hours!) to get a home media server working, that’s also easy for the family to use, and couldn’t be happier with this. I’ve got a Synology NAS, and tried Owntone, forked-daapd and Jellyfin, but none of them come close to how easy this is to set up. The NAS mounts just worked straight away (after reading the above comments) and within half an hour of tweaking, it’s perfectly set up to play all my music, plus BBC Sounds and lots of radio stations. The main thing for me was that it worked with my Chromecasts, and it just does!

For anyone else reading this, if you want a home music server to use (I haven’t tried other media) then use this, it takes all the pain out of it! Just make sure you use the Material Skin, or it looks very outdated.

1 Like

Hi I’m installing this addon on my HA Blue. However I do get a “502 Bad gateway” error.
Any idea what could be wrong?

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: executing... 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on: Logitech Media Server
 Logitech Media Server, SqueezeBox Server & UPNP Media Server
 Add-on version: 0.0.50
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Home Assistant OS 7.6  (aarch64 / odroid-n2)
 Home Assistant Core: 2022.4.6
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 2022.04.0
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums or the Discord chat.
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 02-timezone.sh: executing... 
Setting the timezone to : Europe/Brussels
Current default time zone: 'Europe/Brussels'
Local time is now:      Fri Apr 22 15:30:09 CEST 2022.
Universal Time is now:  Fri Apr 22 13:30:09 UTC 2022.
Date: Fri Apr 22 15:30:09 CEST 2022
[cont-init.d] 02-timezone.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 05-ha-options-json.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 05-ha-options-json.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 07-ha-addon_name.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 07-ha-addon_name.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 09-ha-config-to-env.sh: executing... 
[15:30:09] INFO: Option MOUNT to MOUNT=null
[15:30:09] INFO: Option TMPFS to TMPFS=null
[15:30:09] INFO: Option OPTIONS to LMS_OPTIONS=null
[15:30:09] INFO: Option LOGFILE to LMS_LOGFILE=null
[15:30:09] INFO: Option LOGDIR to LMS_LOGDIR=null
[15:30:09] INFO: Option NX to LMS_NX=null
[cont-init.d] 09-ha-config-to-env.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 11-ha-dirs.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 11-ha-dirs.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 15-ha-mounts.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 15-ha-mounts.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 17-ha-links.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 17-ha-links.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 17-packages.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 17-packages.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 21-pulse.sh: executing... 
[15:30:09] INFO:  Fix pulse perms
[cont-init.d] 21-pulse.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 90-lms_paths.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 90-lms_paths.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 95-nxgix.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 95-nxgix.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 95-scripts.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 95-scripts.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-print-env.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 99-print-env.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Start Logitech Media Server...
INFO: Waiting for lms before starting NGinx...
malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "Can't connect to 127...") at /usr/share/perl5/JSON/RPC/Legacy/Client.pm line 180.

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue with Material skin on HA interface. In LMS settings i set Web interface to Material skin, and afer that when i click the LMS icon on sidebar of HA it’s open a blank page.

1 Like

I get the same thing, but I access this outside of Home Assistant on port 9000.

Hi,
Yest this is an option, but i have kiosk mode on my touchdisplay as a home steering center and it should open ih HA interface.

@pzdpro, @jonnyrider what web browsers are you using, it is working for me on my Dev System with chrome. @pzdpro it does work directly for you?

Hi!
i use edge and firefox. I tried Chrom as well without success. Directly it opens with any problem.
I tried HA app on ios and there it is not opening too.

hmmm and “skin: material” in config.

@tvds looks like lms is not starting due to config issues try deleting /config/lms