Home assistant community addons : LMS the Lyrion Music Server Formerly the Logitech Media Server or SqueezeBox Server. Squeezelite Player

Thank you so much. Really appreciate your support.

Thank you so much for the update :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi all, I have a problem with the artwork, after latest update I cannot see any cover for albums, searches or songs, after some investigating seems that the URLs have changed and now it is not able to show the pictures anymore
When everything worked the URL link of an artwork was this:

https://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/imageproxy?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2Fq1VpipwOxLE%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg

Same album on the newest release 8.4.0 is like this:

http://192.168.20.4:8123/imageproxy/https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2Fq1VpipwOxLE%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg/image_300x300_f.jpg

And that is not working at all :frowning:

Any hints?

hmmm this via ingress? What theme are you using might just be worth a quick rescan from scratch also. If it persists please log a issue, but in all my testing all this is ok I donā€™t have lms configured to use mysb for artwork anyway. This might be related to 8.4.0 deprecating use of mysqueezebox.com where possible.

This was fixed by setting server->interface->performance->Artwork resizing to not use mysqueezebox.com my current recommendation and I will make the default at some point is to use the separate process managed by LMS.

Hello. I have lms as addon in haos and streaming to Chromecast HD. Most of the time works perfectly but sometimes the stream gets stuck in the 10s loop and stops playing. Play, pause doesnā€™t work only skip to the next song which starts playing the same song from the start. There is zero error in the logs. Also sometimes the song pauses playing for a few seconds and then continues by itself, again with zero error in any logs. I try almost all possible settings combinations but no effect. Please help

It might matter what you are actually playing - is this a local file, or an internet stream or online music provider?

Iā€™m just speculating a bit here, but this might not be an issue with the HAOS addon in itself, but the LMS Castbridge plugin it uses to turn your Chromecast into a player - do you know if you are using that plugin? Iā€™m not sure how this looks from within the HAOS addon as I donā€™t use it myself, but accessing LMS Server Settings ā†’ Plugins should allow you to confirm this.

If so, you might be better off pursuing a solution on the dedicated forum for LMS, and specifically this thread on Castbridge.

Itā€™s a fantastically supportive forum in any case, so no harm in potentially getting help there to pin down the source of your issue.

Thank you. Yes im using castbridge to play local files only

Thanks for confirming - as well as going to the LMS forum, I would double-check that you are using the latest version of the ChromeCast Bridge plugin. Itā€™s constantly being updated, and there was an update released only a couple of days ago - currently at v3.3.6

Hello! Is there a way to update the LMS version independently from the HA add-on? I am having issues and would like to try 8.5. Thank you!

Yes but very non-trivial, you have to do it in the container add-on via a custom init scripts and basically rebuild it on the fly.

Thanks! Is there a guide or blog about this that youā€™re aware of? I canā€™t seem to find anything. Iā€™m a developer so comfortable with advanced bits and pieces

v8.5.0 is out, eagerly waiting for the addon update.

1 Like

Hi. I notice that the ā€œnextā€ branch on github is your 8.5 version - is this always ā€˜not finishedā€™ or is it possible to use it as test within HA? Thanks for all your work keeping the add-on up to date!

Cheers

Stuart

Its my work in progress branch so I cant guarantee it will work at any given time and allows me and others to test new features before breaking all your music collections, having said that 8.5.1 will be going out todayā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you so very much for the update

2 Likes

Hey phil,

I wanted to take the time to say thank you for the update

1 Like

Iā€™m so glad I found this messageā€¦ I just installed this add-on today and for some reason I had port 9001 defined in server.prefs?

@pssc is there any logic built into the add-on to automatically change the port in case it finds some other service already using the 9k port?

Probably something else using port 9000, the addon uses host networking so its probably logic built into LMS itself

After my Logitech Squeezebox suddenly stopped working, I realized that my Home Assistant Addon LMS was no longer running. I havenā€™t changed anything in the configuration for a long time. The only thing that I think has changed are updates to Home Assistant itself.
I already opened an issue at github (LMS addon fails to start suddenly Ā· Issue #84 Ā· pssc/ha-addon-lms Ā· GitHub). Phill / pssc gave me the advice to fix permissions setting in the addon. I only have no idea how to do that. Anyone can help me with that please?