Home assistant community addons : LMS the Lyrion Music Server Formerly the Logitech Media Server or SqueezeBox Server. Squeezelite Player

Adding skin: material to the config solved it for me! Thanks

Where to config? :slight_smile:

Ohh you mean to ā€œaddā€
Ok. I added and it works!
thanks!

Please any idea how to get LMS from side panel into lovelace? Only way is using iFrame? Of yes, what is the URL? Thank you.

I think http://hass.lan:8123/fc57b866_lms/dashboard where hass.lan is your HA instance.

I kept trying to get snapcast working and oh myā€¦lms is sooo much easier!! Thank you everyone in this thread!

A skin issue: Iā€™ve installed the material skin and it works great when I access it from http://homeassistant.local:9000/material/ (thanks @palito!!). I tried to get it working in the sidebar by editing the server.prefs file. It didnā€™t work, but I canā€™t seem to get the defualt skin to work anymore either. Iā€™ve changed it back in server.prefs to ā€˜Defaultā€™ and ā€˜defaultā€™ and also selected it in the material skin, but in the sidebar it looks like this:

Any tips on how I can restore it to the default? Thanks

Hi @nMRI,

So you should be able do get material skin working you need to tweak the addon config rather than the server prefs, for it to work in the sidebar as custom rewriting by the addon is required.

You may have browser caching issues alsoā€¦

Phill.

Thanks @pssc. I think you were right, that it was just browser caching. It fixed itself after a couple restarts. Iā€™m think Iā€™m not fully understanding where Iā€™m supposed to change the addon config. Figured it out, will leave this up in case anyone else needs it: In the Home Assistant Settings>Add-Ons>Logitech Media Server>Configuration page I clicked ā€˜Show unused optional configuration optionsā€™ and added ā€˜skin: materialā€™ to the options field as so:

Is this the correct way? The correct way is to drop into yaml mode, and add ā€˜skin: materialā€™ on a new line so you get something like this (back in UI mode):
Thanks again, itā€™s working and looks great!

3 Likes

Love this add on! Iā€™ve been able to integrate my dlna music server to Lms. Need help with one more piece.

Is it possible for the home assistant lms add on to see a HA media player and use it for sound? I have my yamaha amp as a media player in HA and Iā€™d like the Lms HA server to use it for music.

Thoughts?

@Jizzay1 depends what your amp supports. upnpbridge plugin in LMS?

Great point. Iā€™m trying to get it to my ampā€™s ā€œzone 2ā€ input.

Dlna can use zone 1 but not zone 2 only.
The HA yamaha integration can see and use both zones independently. I would love to use this somehow as I have very good HA control of this input through the integration.

I will try upnp.

https://www.picoreplayer.org/ or squeezelite on a pi is your friendā€¦

Thanks!

Is there a way to use a home assistant media player as a squeeze player via a plug in/add on/integration of some kind? Trying to minimize devices on my network as I current have a chrome cast that could be used to solve the problem.

Hi no as really thatā€™s HA understanding how lots of different players workā€¦ and presenting a common UI (its not really playing via HA), what you want here is for LMS to understand your yamahaā€¦, I side stepped this problem looks a Yamaha amp with squeezebox touch plugged inā€¦

Great idea thanks! Thanks for ALL your hard work!

Even an esp32 can work as a squeezeplayer, cheaper and more readily available than a pi :slight_smile:

See also https://raspiaudio.com/produit/mncast

2 Likes

I was trying to add 2 directories. One for artists and one for playlists. How do you do this? I donā€™t really understand mounts or if I need them. I wanted the directory to be accessible using samba so I could add for example artist images that the media information plugin canā€™t find. Should it be /config/lms/artist? For playlist should it be /media/music/playlist?

Thanks

So the mount are mainly the for mounting NAS or external storage devices.

/media/music/playlist would be a good option it need to be configured in lms also.

if your using the samba addon you can export these from HA.

Hope that helps.

Phill.

Thanks Phill. I added the directories to the config and now playlists work. The media information plug in does put files in the /media/music/artists directory but it is not seeing files I add there for artists that are not found. The files did work when LMS was installed on a different machine but not now.

@pdkwork check permissions are the same on your files.