Home assistant community addons : LMS the Lyrion Music Server Formerly the Logitech Media Server or SqueezeBox Server. Squeezelite Player

Hi @pssc many thanks for this addon and all your hard work!
It’s working very good.

Is there a way to update the server to 8.3.1? Can this be done from within the HA add-on?

i want this update too for my odroid n2+

No it cannot be done fron inside the addon. You need the addon to be updated.

From the Dockerfile on @pssc’s github, you may be able to figure it out.

Indeed new version will be out shortly after some bug squishing and testing (this is now released 0.0.53)

Phill

3 Likes

Can you retest with the new version (>= 0.0.53), and log a bug on GitHub if this still doesn’t work for you

I installed the LMS and Squeezelite plugins and everything works great. DAC detected, music plays really good. However, I would like to enable upsampling in Squeezlite and I don’t know how to do it. If I understand correctly, Squeezelite is called by the LMS. However, how to add additional options described in the documentation Man page of SQUEEZELITE?

In the squeezelite addon, the options option

OK, but there is one problem. According to the documentation I have to use the -u option. E.g
-u vLs would use very high quality setting, linear phase filter and steep cut-off.
-u hM would specify high quality, with the minimum phase filter.
-u hMX would specify high quality, with the minimum phase filter and async upsampling to max device rate.
However, when I try to do this in config, I get the error:

INFO: nice -n -5 squeezelite -M SqueezeLite-HA-Addon -N /data/name -m d3:dc:e6:86:af:01 -d all=info -r 384000 -u hMX
Option error: -u

Usage: squeezelite [options]
-s [:] Connect to specified server, otherwise uses autodiscovery to find server
-o Specify output device, default “default”, - = output to stdout
-l List output devices
-a Specify sample format (16|24|32) of output file when using -o - to output samples to stdout (interleaved little endian only)
-b : Specify internal Stream and Output buffer sizes in Kbytes
-c , Restrict codecs to those specified, otherwise load all available codecs; known codecs: flac,pcm,mp3,ogg,aac (mad,mpg for specific mp3 codec)
Codecs reported to LMS in order listed, allowing codec priority refinement.
-C Close output device when idle after timeout seconds, default is to keep it open while player is ‘on’
-d = Set logging level, logs: all|slimproto|stream|decode|output, level: info|debug|sdebug
-e , Explicitly exclude native support of one or more codecs; known codecs: flac,pcm,mp3,ogg,aac (mad,mpg for specific mp3 codec)
-f Write debug to logfile
-m Set mac address, format: ab:cd:ef:12:34:56
-M Set the squeezelite player model name sent to the server (default: SqueezeLite)
-n Set the player name
-N Store player name in filename to allow server defined name changes to be shared between servers (not supported with -n)
-W Read wave and aiff format from header, ignore server parameters
-P Store the process id (PID) in filename
-r [:] Sample rates supported, allows output to be off when squeezelite is started; rates = |-|,,; delay = optional delay switching rates in ms
-v Visualizer support
-z Daemonize
-Z Report rate to server in helo as the maximum sample rate we can support
-t License terms
-? Display this help text

There is no -u option in the possible arguments list.

@Be2 Yes the pulse audio build doesn’t have resampling enabled by default… Log me an issue over on github and I will see if I can rustle up something for you to test

1 Like

I’m using this plug-in, it’s great.
I’ve noticed a few things don’t steam though, some you tube videos but not all as an example.
I also noticed that the c-3po plug-in doesn’t see ffmpeg. Anyone know how to install it?
I tried adding it as a package option but I could see in the logs the container got stuck trying to install dependencies.
Thoughts?

@durkimat yes adding any dependencies for c-3po plugin with the right packages would be the way.
was is stuck or very slow…

Hi, I need some advice. I insall LMS on an RPi4 (under Home Assistant OS). After mount network shared folder from synology nas (samba share) i see my shared folder under HomeAssistant /media/music and can play music with the integrated HA player.

my moutnig command - in automated after reboot:

"mkdir -p /media/music"

"mount -t cifs -o vers=2.0,noserverino,username=usr***,password=psw***,domain=MATRIX //10.1.1.4/music /media/music"

But i have a problem with LMS, In setting is media folder path: /media/music but I can’t see the other music files ;(

Thank fory your help. Mak

Hi mark log into the container with docker exec and run through you commands, they look ok on the surface. Have you tires these in the web shell addon?

You need to make sure the mount point is available in the container so mounted in the container or by the hosting OS. Also if its mounted by the hot OS after the container is started then it also will not work.

Its not clear what context your commands are operating in.

Phill.

1 Like

SOLVED :wink:

Thank Yout Phill,
my first problem with emty library is BLUE ARROW (i make mout command is LMS Addon Settings and remove this command from automation)
My second problem with MATERIAL SKIN is solved GREEN ARROW :wink:

Thank you! Now i move my LMS server from Synology Virtual Machine to RPi4 with HAOS ;o)

I installed lms on Pi4 where runs also my latest HA. I have in my local network ESP32 based Squeezelite player. I can’t figure out how to connect lms to that player. lms shows: your player was not found.
Probably this is something very basic, but I’m stuck.

I find that every time I run squeezelite on anything, it is noticed by my LMS server almost immediately.

You don’t have the slimproto integration too do you? It will interfere.

Anyway, look at your logs.

I had LMS and Slimproto running on the same Pi4 almost for a year, until last December LMS failed to start after some update.
With help of pssc Permission denied at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN · Issue #28 · pssc/ha-addon-lms · GitHub I managed to start LMS, but then Slimproto failed. So I found that LMS and Slimproto have some conflict, only one of them can work.
Now I have Slimproto running on my main HA (Pi4) and LMS on remote HA (Pi4) in same local network.
It seems they conflict even in this setup. I disabled now Slimproto on main HA and LMS found my player.
Weird that they worked good on same Pi4 long time, but now conflicting.

Your really shouldn’t have an issue running them on different devices as I suspect this is just a conflict listening to the broadcast discovery traffic…

1 Like

Can you help me to mount cifs hard disk connected to my router. Here yaml config that I try but not saved to system

’ ’ ’
links: []
mounts:

-t cifs vers=1.0,username=volumio,password=xxx //192.168.15.1 /media/music

dirs:
/media/music

’ ’ ’

mounts:
 - "-t cifs vers=1.0,username=volumio,password=xxx //192.168.15.1 /media/music"

Then have a look at the logs…