Home Assistant Companion Android App Release 3.0.0

Good morning all!

Since the recent update to 0.117.5 this morning I’ve been getting this toast on my Android:

I’ve made it into a post:

Do you know how to fix it?

TY

Issue on Chromebook. Unable to select Lovelace top level menus via mouse . Work fine from touch screen. If select with mouse the icon changes colour but screen does not update . All other options work fine with mouse, Side menu, icons within lovelace screens , just the top menu

edit Switched to full screen all working OK :slight_smile:

oooooooo my GOD

10 out 10 bro’s

Now the thinking part putting some automation to the new sensor

1 Like

This error shows up when the widget attempts to update and the connection to your HA server fails.

Ehm… all my widget are gone after auto update of my app on android… how come and how to solve?

Thanks, but I’m not using any widgets! :thinking:

It is described in the blog post.

Read the blog post that you just commented on to see why?

Can you check the manage widget screen? Delete any that are there, if any. If not create a bug on GitHub.

They are in that screen but not in my android screen anymore.

Edit: I cannot recreate a widget to toggle a lock…

I was waiting for the alarm_stream notification feature. I found I also needed to enable Lockscreen Sounds in Android (11) settings. Now my doorbell always comes through immediately. Awesome!

P. S. Is this worth a mention in the docs?

2 Likes

Thank you for this bit! Can you please update the docs :slight_smile: anyone can submit an update!

Edit: I don’t even see that option on my phone lol what device is this?

1 Like

Yes we mentioned in the blog post to expect this and we also mention to delete the widgets from the manage widget screen if they do not exist on the home screen.

You should open a github issue with all relevant information to investigate it properly

Thanks! There was one widget in the list, but I never created it. After deleting it, the toast stopped showing up :slight_smile:

1 Like

It may have been an old widget that was lost from the beginning, as you create widgets in the app we store it to a DB which is how we are able to edit them. When a widget is removed from the home screen we get notified and delete those from our DB. However, if the widget was lost we don’t and end up in a mismatch which is why the delete button exists.

Edit: I don’t even see that option on my phone lol what device is this?

This is Pixel 2. My phone has Dutch language, so I’m not sure of the exact English translation. It is under Settings, Sounds, Advanced

Oh I see a “screen locking sound” on my pixel 4 but it is unchecked and all the new notification settings work as expected. I think that setting is for the actual locking sound when you turn off the screen.

Hmm then I guess it’s still not very reliable for me, if that setting does not affect the notification. I will test some more.

Make sure you are not actively using your phone. The alarm stream works differently than the other streams as it stops playing when it detects activity like turning on the screen or interacting with the device. This behavior is separate from TTS which uses a completely different API altogether.

Hi,

I’ve got the exact same problem, started a while back. Extremely annoying and leaves me to use Google Home more than I would like. If you figure out the problem please post it here, I’ll do the same. Btw I run Android 11 as well, but with a Pixel 4.