Home Assistant Companion Android App Release 3.0.0

Can you try checking what I mentioned in this comment?

Yes, both are up to date

Do you get the same issue using chrome on the same device?

Thanks! Do you have any recommendations about getting a doorbell notification sound reliably, whether I am using the phone or not?

Are you testing things out from the app directly?

I am testing things by pressing the door bell :slight_smile:

No issues when using chrome. My wife’s phone works as expected as well. But that’s a Huawei with Android 10 if it might be related to Android 11.

Is anyone else having issue to create multiple widgets?

I had a couple of toggle widgets on my homescreen, both of which got broken by the update. Removed them and successfully recreated the first one, but if I try and add a second one it briefly pops up the set-up screen (where you pick the service etc) and then the app force-closes on me?

The recent optimizations and fixes on location tracking is legendary. 100% reliable :star_struck:

Great work!

1 Like

I enabled a few sensors in the app but they don’t show up in HA. I did restart my HA instance. The same issue when I disabled some sensors on another phone. How do I force an update to get these updated sensors?

You have to wait until they have an update to send.

its not related to android 11, myself and other devs have the app running just fine on android 11. You may have some stuff you just need to clean up try the steps outlined below.

I can’t reproduce this on my end, if you can reproduce it reliably please open an issue on github and be as descriptive as possible.

@dshokouhi after uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling fresh it’s working properly again, so looks like just a transient glitch.

All now working as it should, thanks.

1 Like

I am unable to get tts working on newer samsung devices Tab S6, S10 and Tab S2
It works on S8 and mi 9 phones.
Any sugjestions?

It works fine here on an S20, do you get any errors in the log?

I do see the message coming in at the history of the app but no speech
It also says succesfull 5 and no error

check that Google Text to Speech is fully upto date and that your music stream volume is not at 0

Found the problem the samsung text to speech is standard selected needed to change it google tts on these devices

1 Like

Is there a way to make the widget background transparent and change the widget font color?

not currently, you can make the request on GitHub