Home Assistant companion for Zepp OS devices

Hi all!

Over the past few months I’ve been trying to figure out how to control Home Assistant with a cheap smartwatch. Thanks to this post by @BramNH I learned about this application developed by ga2mer. By reading a russian folk and with some hints from @BramNH, finally i got it installed and working in my Xioami Band 7 (awesome😁). This led me to write an user friendly guide to share it with aguacatec community :avocado:

Since then, few members of the community are working to improve it and extend it. We have created this fork and this user friendly guide to install this Home Assistant App in Zepp Devices :grinning:

Currently we are working on support more devices and to improve the interface. This is the reason of this post (not to get the credits!) So if you have a Zepp smartwatch and you want to install it, you speak other language than English or Spanish, or you have any other suggestion to improve it, you are welcome and we are willing to work on it! :sweat_smile:

Updates:

• Our contributor Barny has created a ‘.bat’ to install/update the app, so now you don’t need to type any command. Eays peasy! :grin:
  • Our contributor J helped us to support multiple languages: English, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Japanese. Already available!! :earth_africa:

:watch:Already supported devices

• Xiaomi Band 7
  • Amazfit Band 7
  • Amazfit GTR Mini
  • Amazfit GTS 3
  • Amazfit GTR 3
  • Amazfit GTR 3 Pro
  • Amazfit GTS 4 Mini
  • Amazfit GTS 4
  • Amazfit GTR 4
  • Amazfit Cheetah Pro
  • Amazfit Active
  • Amazfit Active Edge
  • Amazfit Balance
  • Amazfit T-REX 2

img2

If you find it usefull

You can help me to create more things like this if you:

:coffee: Consider to buy me a coffee
:email: Subscribe to my blog to get new ideas
:speech_balloon: Join our telegram community (we have an english room)
:avocado: Follow me in Facebook, Twitter, Youtube or Instagram

Thanks!! :smiley:

Other cool stuff i made

:ferris_wheel: ARC Reactor integration
:label: Dynamic automations with NFC
:world_map: Airtag integration (user friendly)
:shopping_cart: Improved Shopping List + Bring! + Google Assistant
:muscle: Personal Trainer
:tv: Google Echo Show

3 Likes

Update:

Our contributor Barny has created a ‘.bat’ to install/update the app, so now you don’t need to type any command. Eays peasy! :grin:

i confirm, with my new amazfit balance and the great tuto from https://aguacatec.es/instalar-ha-en-tu-reloj-zepp/ install was easy.

i just fear for others about node versions managment, maybe few instructions with nvm would be more accessible to everyone…

This app is great !

1 Like

Thanks @giova! I’m glad you found it easy, that’s the purpose!

We’ll keep improving it, so stay tunned! :slight_smile:

@TiToTB - Any idea how to run this on a GTR Mini?
This model isn’t listed as an available target in Zeus and I just get “Download failed, error code: null” whichever alternative I choose.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Actually, I got this working via Device Basic Information | Zepp OS Developers Documentation
Need to create a new device target definition in app.json for the GTR Mini with “deviceSource” of 250 and 251, “designWidth”: 416

That’s because we haven’t extended the app to that model, but we can :slight_smile:

Just join our community and ask for it, i’ll make it happen

I have just updated the app with support for GTR Mini.

Can you please confirm that it is working propperly in order to add it to the list?

Thanks!

Very nice :wink: Do you plan to have a solution for users of Gadgetbridge (the great opensource android app to handle a lot of activity trackers) ? I don’t use Zepp app as I find it irrelevant and privacy intrusive to use an app that needs internet to work :wink:

Thanks Vincen! I am afraid that this app works under Zepp OS, so Gadgetbridge is not in the scope of this project :pensive:

Although when I read the process it’s probably possible to do it with Gadgetbridge. Is there somewhere the app file ready for download in the device ? as I could try to install it through Gadgetbridge :wink:

All we have It is in the GitHub repository, feel free to download It!

Yes, that works, although there are a few pixels cropped at the width

Can you provide a picture? Thanks!

Hi!!

Finally we have managed to translate the application into multiple languages: English, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Japanese.

If you update the application it will already be in your language :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this. I managed to make it work on the GTR-3. Although it is functional I must performance is quite poor. Are you experiencing the same? Any ideas maybe on how to improve performance?

Gracias

What do you mean? Is it slow? Thanks!

yes it is quite slow to start (loading the devices/scripts/sensors screen )and load the items in the device list.
I see also that there is one switch that is shown permanently on each screen.

Hello,
does this also work with Amazfit Active Edge?

When I scan the QR code I get an error:

“Download Failed, error code: null”

Thank you for your amazing work!

Hi! Not yet, but it can be done! :blush:

Let me do few changes and i’ll let you know