Home Assistant Companion without Nabu Casa

Can I use HA Companion without signing up with Nabu Casa? I have ddns in operation, and I can access my HA instance from outside my home using it. My router sends appropriate external access to the correct server.

Yes thats no problem at all.

Inside the app, go to ‘Settings’ / ‘Companion App’ / ‘Home’ (Person) and half way down there is an option to set internal and external URL’s

That should be all you need for the companion app to connect, once you have saved the wifi SSID so it knows when to use internal URL.

Thank you. That’s exactly what I needed to know. I’ll get er done!

Hey, apparently not in my HA yet. Can you point me to the instructions to add Companion to HA? Thanks so much!

My Settings do not include “Companion App”. I have installed Companion app on my phone. My phone not shown under my “People” card.

Sorry, I missed one phrase “in the app”… found it, on it.

Hey @rossking,

I have a Cloudflare account set up and the weirdest thing is when I enable the warp app I can access my home assistant instance via web browser but i keep getting errors on the companion app and can’t access it. would you have any suggestions as to why this might be an issue? the error message is home assistant certificate authority is not trusted. please review the home assistant certificate or connection settings and try again.