Home assistant completely freeze

Hi,
Home assistant just freezes multiples times a day.
On Raspberry Pie 4B (8GB RAM) with 3A power supply
It’s seams like all things bugs at same times If someone have this problem.
Logs: 2024-03-12 01:02:55.692 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a - Pastebin.com

Line 298 in your log…

sqlalchemy.exc.DatabaseError: (sqlite3.DatabaseError) database disk image is malformed

Your database and/or disk appear to be corrupt.

Following this line you have tons of errors in recorder (probably because it can’t connect to the DB)

What kind of disk is on the Pi and whens your latest backup?

A NVME SSD connected by USB, the database does not seem corrupted (after reboot, everything works and the database too until any bugs again). It’s like all the USB ports disconnect at the same time.
I just added auto backup to automate backups today

Is the NVME on a powered USB hub?

No, the NVME is powered just by usb (it’s just a USB m2 port) (ORICO NVME USB)

1 Like

That may be it Pi are power limited by usb bus. (they can only draw usb max current) and ssds can be enough to push them over the edge. Move that drive to a powered usb hub and see if powering it separately is enough to alleviate it.

1 Like

I think I’ll just try with a nuc (better processor, better ram and real PCIe SSD) It will be more stable and the power consumption of the N100 is not really different from a raspberry pie 4 (a few watts)

I moved to a NUC three weeks ago for basically the same reason :slight_smile: good luck!

1 Like

I will put HAOS on a proxmox to have better control when I’m not at home (hypervisor just accessible with a vpn and on local network for security) it’ will be really better than a raspberry pi ^^

1 Like