Home Assistant Desktop (macOS, Windows and Linux) - quick and easy access to HA

Just stumbled upon this … excellent work! Would it be possible to get sensor support for the host like the android app supportrs battery, signal it would be awesome to read hardware sensors like cpu temp ram and disk util off the pc / mac

I also do not like to go into the browser every time I’d like to switch on a light or change the heating, found your application and it’s perfect! Thanks.

1 Like

@mrvnklm I’m using your app now for a week and I’m very happy with it! I have one suggestion that I think could be useful: a shortcut to open the window. For example CTRL ALT H to show the window :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This app is awesome! I’m running it on Manjaro Linux.

I agree with @Joachim, a keyboard shortcut would be an huge improvement!

Great app!

Is there a way to choose a different default dashboard?

Of course, you can just use the tab like you normally would. The app is just a wrapper around the normal Home Assistant Webinterface

@Joachim @ReDaLeRt Keyboard shortcut coming in new release tonight!

2 Likes

I like the idea but this would go beyond what that app is - just a wrapper around the webinterface. Working on that kind of stuff would take too much of my time and due to cross platform support this could cause headaches and many bugs as well.

I meant a different dashboard just for the app, so I don’t have to change it every time I start the app.

Does this app have support for sensors? Like the Ios, Android and Mac app. I would love to have a sensor for then my webcam is active (on Windows).

1 Like

I have tested it, works great :smile: thanks a lot.

1 Like

Awesome! Love it.Thanks for your efforts on this.
My only concern with it it everytime i restart my computer I need to relogin.
Is that on purpose? Or I’m I the only one experiencing this?

Thanks again

Sensor support is not planned, because it would change the approach that app is taking. Sorry!

I think you might be the only one experiencing this. After logging in, you have to click “Yes” in the bottom right corner, to save it.

Fixed my issue. My mistake.

Awesome! My login screen was in Japanese somehow but as soon as I logged myself in everything worked as expected (and in English :D)

@mrvnklm Hi Marvin

Just wanted to say thanks. This is such a cool addition to my OS. I wanted exactly this - it’s perfect!

Cheers

Hello Marvin,

it is possible to run Home Assistant Desktop on an RPI 4?

Greetings

This app is great in theory, but I’m running into some clunky behavior in terms of the window management:

• The app does not show up in the alt-tab switcher. When in “detached window” mode, I’d expect this to show up.
  • When in “detached window”, clicking the tray icon has inconsistent behavior. Sometimes I need to double-click, sometimes it doesn’t seem to work at all until I right-click and pick “Reload Window”
  • There is nowhere to “grab” the window which can make exact placement a bit tricky (although once done, it is nice to have the titlebar totally hidden)

I think this stuff could be fixed to accomplish much better useability as well as maybe an added feature or two like hot-zone support to allow the window to “pop out” when moused over or something. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, there isn’t really a great desktop experience for HA right now and with a few tweaks I think this could fit that really nicely!

This may be a stupid question but how do you install from a yaml file?