Home Assistant Device Database

I made a website with a database of products that you can use with Home Assistant, including the necessary hubs for each device.

https://www.hadevices.com/

I’ve been using Home Assistant for a few years now, but one thing I found frustrating when first using it (and now to some extent) was determining what devices actually worked with it, where to buy the devices, and what hubs I needed. For example, I’ve found the Xiaomi sensors to work very reliably, but it was quite difficult to determine exactly what to buy at first.

So, I built a database of products that works with Home Assistant, along with links to the HA components each device works with, any required hub or adapter, and links / prices to purchase the item.

Everything in the database is manually curated - this is to keep the quality as high as possible. If I’m missing a device that you are happily using, please using the ‘Add a Device’ link in the header and I’ll add it. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this more useful, I’d love to hear it!

17 Likes

a search option would be nice :slight_smile:

good initiative!

Ask and you shall receive :slight_smile: - check the homepage now.

2 Likes

You rock, something HA has needed for quite a while. Only thing I might add would be the ability for people to add comments, but I realize that gets into having users and a lot more work.

Edit: Added a couple of my favorite devices for good value, ease of use.

It’s a great approach which I was looking for for quite a while. I would like to a comment option as well.

Thank you! Definitely something on my radar - I’d love to have a way for users to comment, add reviews, etc and make it more of a community site. I’ll see what I can do.

Another quick note is if you are using referral links it’s nice to have a disclaimer noting that. And you definitely should use them :grin:

Very good point, and will do. I actually launched it without since it since I don’t want that to be the focus of the site, but went back and added them for Amazon this morning - figured I might as well cover the server costs, but I definitely want to be up front about it.

The goal is to make this a high quality product that people can use for finding devices for Home Assistant with the happy side effect of a little bit of money. I don’t envision it making a ton of money, but covering my costs would be nice :slight_smile: .

edit: Disclosure added.

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I just added a couple of devices and will definitely add more in the future. This can really help people to get started with the right equipment. Thanks!

Thank you! I appreciate all of the devices people are adding. For now I am manually approving / adding the new products, so it may take a few days for me to get through all of them. In the future I’d like to make this process a bit more streamlined, but for now you may not see the items you submit immediately.

I have two questions:

• How are you going to handle product variants? A simple example would be the different Apple TVs… or Yamaha Receivers and so on. Is the plan to have a full list of every product available or are you going to have general device groups?
  • The buying links are quite US-centric. Is there any plan to have other countries as well? It is not a big deal as everybody can search on their own. But it would give you more financial support if the people would have a one-click solution.
  1. Product variants are tricky, and something I’m likely going to need to revisit. So far, each product (A19 Philips Hue White vs Color bulb) is separate, with a separate listing. It does seem like these should be merged though. I’m open to ideas here.

2. A few people have commented on this, and I’d love to come up with a better way to show other countries as well. For the short term, I don’t think this is going to change, but I’d like to get the site to a place where users can add new products themselves, at which point international support would be much more doable.

Take a look at how TonyMac manages links for non-US sites. It’s rudimentary but it works.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/april/2018/

1 Like

Contributed to the cause…

I like the idea. hopefully it will bloom and be very useful.

One other thought is it would be nice to have items listed in multiple categories, temp/motion/humidity/etc. since there are a lot of multi purpose sensors along those lines. Visually I might make things a little smaller to see more but that’s a personal preference.

Can’t access from work, blocked by corp security servers as potentially not safe. Seems the SSL Cert is not correct?
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

My two cents.

Why don’t you contact HA team and try to propose it to them?

I think service require “official” support.

The pro is that the money raises will be use by the HA community to pay server use and so on. The cons is that you will loose it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im getting the same error. OpenDNS is blocking

That’s not good :frowning: . I’m using Cloudflare, so they are providing the certs. I’ll do some digging to see what might be up.

O, wow. This is NICE!