Home Assistant Device Database

One other thought is it would be nice to have items listed in multiple categories, temp/motion/humidity/etc. since there are a lot of multi purpose sensors along those lines. Visually I might make things a little smaller to see more but that’s a personal preference.

Can’t access from work, blocked by corp security servers as potentially not safe. Seems the SSL Cert is not correct?
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

My two cents.

Why don’t you contact HA team and try to propose it to them?

I think service require “official” support.

The pro is that the money raises will be use by the HA community to pay server use and so on. The cons is that you will loose it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im getting the same error. OpenDNS is blocking

That’s not good :frowning: . I’m using Cloudflare, so they are providing the certs. I’ll do some digging to see what might be up.

O, wow. This is NICE!

I can definitely see some value to this, and depending on how the project goes, I could be open to it. For now, this site has my full time development support (I took some time off work), so I think it makes sense for me to continue to own it. If this can be built into a financially viable model, my full backing will continue indefinitely, which I believe would be beneficial, but I’d love to discuss this with the community. For now, it’s not even close to being financially viable.

Another user recommended using a tag based approach, which would nicely support this. I’m currently using a quasi-Google Docs backend so I could launch a prototype of the site, but that’s starting to show growing pains. I’m in the process of rethinking parts of the architecture to support tagging, user submission, user reviews, etc, but it’s going to take some time unfortunately.

I really appreciate the response I’ve gotten from the community, and this project has 100% of my development attention right now. Current stuff in the works:

• Move to a protocol based system rather than tagging each device with the hubs that work with it. This will also enable browsing for devices that work with each hub.
  • Add user review system
  • Process the giant backlog of user submitted devices
  • Move off of my short-term, Google Docs based backend

I just submitted a door/window sensor :).

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15268

I’m currently using this one, and it is a great option for the price(it’s exactly the same as the Aeotec for half the price.)

2 Likes

I just added another. It’s an amazingly inexpensive z-wave window/door sensor. I did have to include it to my network 2x but once included it added a binary switch automagically in HASS. Doesn’t get a whole lot easier.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JGMZNNG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_vqLZAbHBXMEK1

Just an FYI but the US gearbest site is always marked up higher than the normal one, you may want to link there instead. The button is like double the price on the US site lol.

I think you would do a lot better if you open sourced your site. I won’t contribute to a closed site because if you get lazy and it goes down, there is nobody to pickup the pieces. So why should I spend time if it’s potentially wasted?

2 Likes

Your site is great! :slight_smile:

But why not make it a Wiki and “profit” from the community willingness to contribute information.

2 Likes

Tried to contribute but afaik it wasn’t submitted. Please add: Xiaomi PM2.5 Air Quality Monitor Component Also ConBee / RaspBee is a hub compatible with Zigbee, Xiaomi, Hue and Tradfri.

Just to echo the other comments here, please merge this with the main site / open source it.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you for this - it’s something that’s been long needed IMO.

Thank you everyone for all your support and submissions on the site. I’ve been hard at work over the past week, so here are a few quick status updates:

Completed:

• Processed backlog of ~120 user product submissions
  • Updated protocol handling - now there’s a list of protocols at the bottom of the homepage that you can navigate through, and each device lists the protocols that it depends upon, so you can determine what hub you need.

In Process / Future:

• User authentication + user comments on devices - targeting this week, but authentication is taking a bit longer than I’d hoped.
  • User ratings + fully user editable pages.
  • Auto updating merchant prices.

Thank you for all the support, and please keep the feedback coming.

2 Likes

Hi,

There’s an open list of 433 Mhz devices compatible with Home Assistant. These devices work with the following gateways: OpenMQTT (GitHub - 1technophile/OpenMQTTGateway: MQTT gateway for ESP8266 or ESP32 with bidirectional 433mhz/315mhz/868mhz, Infrared communications, BLE, Bluetooth, beacons detection, mi flora, mi jia, LYWSD02, LYWSD03MMC, Mi Scale, TPMS, BBQ thermometer compatibility & LORA.) or RFLink (RFLink Gateway - HomeAutomation).

RFLink has also (limited) MiLight support while OpenMQTT supports IR blaster and receiver, relays, analog sensors, etc.

The list of RFLink compatible devices is quite large but there’s no product link. Can someone make a script to pull merchant link?

Although not very sophisticated in terms of security, the RF (433 Mhz/315 Mhz/etc) devices are quite popular in the DIY community.

Thanks Petrica - I’ll go through that list later this week and make sure they get added.

I just finished adding user login + comment support. Now you can leave reviews / feedback on individual products - this intent is that this will allow people to comment about Home Assistant compatibility (sensor speed, setup ease, etc).

Hi! lolouk44 just pointed me here as I asked whether such things existed or would be useful.

So first of all I’d like to ask if this project is still active or maintained? If so here are a few of my thoughts:

• Allow users to add devices themselves, so it’s a joint “open source” effort. This way database will expand a lot faster. You can still keep ‘curated’ status of it by, say, tagging newly added devices as ‘drafts’ or ‘unchecked’ or something like that, until you can come in and confirm it or something. At least if it’s not how it works atm, did not yet have a chance to test it out
  • Check https://www.protondb.com/ and see how it works and what it does and what’s so good about it, maybe it’s worth taking something from there
  • I would add a separate category for “Switches”, for actual physical light switches with ZWave\ZigBee\Wifi operation. Ones that are hard wired, placed into a wall.
  • Availability and sorting by countries would be useful. Especially useful for wall switches - different countries have different standards, shapes of mount boxes, etc
  • Some sort of ratings for each device - security, type of integration, maybe some form of rating

And clearly it needs some more advertising :smiley:

Tried to add a device, and got “cross origin request” error,

Unhandled promise rejection Error: "Network Error"

NuxtJS 51

[vendor.8d4771f8fd66b0d044e5.js:2:108376](https://www.hadevices.com/_nuxt/vendor.8d4771f8fd66b0d044e5.js)

Here’s what I wanted to add:

Easybulb Plus RGBW Strip LED Light
LED Lightstrip controller
http://shop.easybulb.com/controller-only-for-easybulb-plus-rgbw-strip-led-light/
It was previously called and can still be found under “MiLight FUT038” name, requires a hub: http://shop.easybulb.com/easybulb-wifi-box-controller/ . LAN controlled, supported by Hass through LimitlessLED component. It’s possible to make DIY hub from a NodeMCU\ESP

@Michael_Davydov Thanks for checking out the site! Sadly I haven’t had the time I’d like to be able to spend to maintain the site and keep the database up to date. I’d live to make it a joint “open source” effort so the database can expand a lot faster - the hardest part is figuring out how to do this without allowing rampant abuse. Two options I’ve considered are:

• Make it into a “wiki” like site where anyone can edit, and rely on the community to keep it up to date. If any abuse happens, consider building tools to help combat this. This will take some time and effort from me to complete.
  • Make the site into a staticly built website stored on github. Anyone can add new components by submitting github prs. Downside is that I will have to approve prs, and I don’t have a ton of time to devote to this right now sadly.

And I’m taking a look at https://www.protondb.com right now - it looks interesting.

Yeah, I think that protondb approach may be the right way to go, it is sort of self-moderated as it basically gets the median or some other form of average of multiple users’ ratings. Could also add some ‘report abuse’ button and if more than N users report it as spam or abuse then that entry would be hidden. Additionally it could send a report to you and maybe other moderators, so they can check if it’s really abuse and decide whether to keep it hidden\delete it or restore it.