Home Assistant does not import all entities from a device

Hello Home Assistant community,

I have some devices such as a gate, a cleaning robot, and other Tuya devices that appear in the Smart Life app and the Tuya Cloud JSON, but do not appear in Home Assistant (HA). For example, the battery sensor of the cleaning robot appears in the Tuya Cloud and Smart Life, and also appears in the device diagnostics in HA, but the entity itself does not show up in HA as if it does not exist. It also does not appear in the list of missing entities.

I’m not sure if you understand my issue, but the problem is that HA only shows a few entities when the device actually has more. My version of HA is Home Assistant 2023.4.4 Supervisor 2023.04.0 Frontend: 20230411.1 - the latest version running on Raspberry PI 3.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

The problem is the restrictive Tuya API. Stop supporting them, stop buying their garbage.

You may (or may not) have more luck with the third party Local-Tuya integration.

2 Likes

Hi,
Ok then…, but does anyone have a solution?
I have the exact same problem with a Tuya thermostat. I don’t see the “battery_percent” in homeassistant. But I can see it in the tuya app on my phone?
Thanks.

Any ideas ?