Home Assistant does not start anymore

Hi!

I switched from openHAB to Home Assistant yesterday. I since like the way HA is built on python instead of java and just works… until now. I did some changes to my configuration.yaml, restarted HASS and now it just does not start correctly:

This is what the service looks like:

user@rain:~/.homeassistant$ service home-assistant@user status
â— [email protected] - Home Assistant
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/[email protected]; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Wed 2017-02-08 11:47:53 CET; 13s ago
 Main PID: 2727 (hass)
	Tasks: 4 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/system-home\x2dassistant.slice/[email protected]
		   └─2727 /usr/bin/python3 /home/user/.local/bin/hass
Feb 08 11:47:53 rain systemd[1]: Started Home Assistant.
Feb 08 11:47:53 rain hass[2727]: Config directory: /home/user/.homeassistant

It just stops ath the “Config directory” line - no further information in the log as well:

Feb 08 11:47:53 rain systemd[1]: Started Home Assistant.
Feb 08 11:47:53 rain hass[2727]: Config directory: /home/user/.homeassistant

I since reversed the changes I made to conifiguration.yaml, but the problem persists…

I renamed the .homeassistant directory and HA started up fine. Reversed that and it was back to being stuck. I edit the config files on a Windows machine using Notepad++ via a Samba Share…

Thanks for any help!

Okay, I solved the problem. It actually was a misconfiguration. I went to the bin-folder and launched hass manually instead of via the service. From that log it was clear, what the problem was.

I thinks its very misleading that the log stops after the “Config directory” line and you do not get the whole log of the binary…