Home assistant for android apk

Hi HA Forum.

Does anyone know where I could download the latest Home Assistant App for Android apk from?

I do not want to use Google Play store on my newly stripped down tablet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers…j

Many thanks for this.

Unfortunately it did not work. When I tried to install the package on Android 4.4.4 I get ‘There was a problem while parsing the package’

I am guessing the android I am trying to use is too old.

Its a shame as the the nexus 7 (2012) I am trying to use works perfectly. Home Assistant does not render correctly in Chrome or Naked Browser either. SO I think I will write this off as a bad idea.

Thanks for your help.

Android 5.0+ are the supported versions.

Pretty sure the nexus 7 got bumped up to android 5 didnt it?

yes it did but it makes it run like a pig. i think i will make a raspi/tablet touchscreen thingy or just get a cheap last year model tablet from ebay.

I find the Amazon Fire HD8 to work pretty well :slight_smile: goes on sale every now and then too.

I had similar issues with an old Samsung Tab 3 on 4.4.4
got around issues and was able to use it by rooting and installing LineageOS 14.1 its based on androied 7.1.1 its much faster
but i still have a few issue running home assitant app directly so now use wallpaper on it which seams ok but there are other custom os that can be used as well that may work to allow you to use what you have

if you are running lineage OS you need to make sure that it uses android system webview, by default they use something else. Not sure where you need to change it but you do

yikes anyhing on the nexus 7 2012 sucks after 4.4 lol its just is to slow.