Home assistant for enterprise use

Has anyone used HA for an enterprise solution? I’m interested in setting it up on prem for alerts and status dashboards. The CIO loves pretty pictures and graphs :slight_smile: Basically just server, switch, storage status. Probably some zigbee temp sensors in the data center too. It would not be exposed to the internet for security reasons. If anyone has done this, were there pitfalls or reason to NOT do it? Thanks in advance.

The data center monitoring market is full of options. For example Zabbix is a well known one with multiple integrations, and specially prepared for handling those tasks.

Having said that, I’m interested on checking other’s point of views and/or experiences, but using HA for this could rapidly become an issue when trying to handle scalability, multi-site, redundancy or any other ‘mission critical’ surveillance requirements.

1 Like

Be advised that Home Assistant requires access to the Internet for various internal purposes.

1 Like

Honestly, Zabbix sounds interesting and almost looks like a great candidate for an add-on for home assistant (unless I’m misunderstanding something.)

Does zabbix offer automations and zigbee sensors like OP wanted?

1 Like

This sounds perfect. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Reliability would be my primary concern. In a datacenter, I’d want every component to be wired, with a wired network connection to the controller(s).

There is not a snowball’s chance in he[[ that I’d accept anything remotely wireless for something as critical as monitoring of hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars worth of equipment. NO way.

1 Like