Home Assistant from Alfred

Hi,
I have made an integration from Alfred to Home Assistants. https://www.alfredapp.com/

Alfred is an award-winning app for Mac OS X which boosts your efficiency with hotkeys, keywords, text expansion and more. Search your Mac and the web, and be more productive with custom actions to control your Mac. And now even your Home assistants.

Right now will you be able to control you lights, get sensor information, trigger automations and look for your devices in device tracker.

You can find the github project here : https://github.com/Skakiz/Alfred-Home-assistant-workflow

Let me now what you think.

Cheers!
//Andreas

2 Likes

Great stuff Andreas! There don’t appear to be many Alfred/Mac fans around it seems.

I’m going to give this a crack tomorrow, I’ve been missing this functionality since I ditched Hue for HA + 8 other vendors :slight_smile:

Russ

Maybe more a case of don’t see the point, everything is already there in any web browser so what do you actually gain with this other than the satisfaction of doing something new.

Genuine question, not piss take.

When Alfred is central to the rest of your workflow (as is the case with most who use it) then the more you can do within Alfred the faster things are.

For me, going to a web browser is actually cumbersome compared to a few quick taps of the keys to action something. It also breaks the flow of whatever I’m doing at the time.

If you think about it from the perspective of calling up the right tab, finding the element you’d like to action then returning to your work area vs. quickly bringing up the Alfred omnibox, entering a few quick keystrokes without ever leaving what you were doing, it makes more sense.

If Alfred isn’t integral then yeah, I can see why you’d think there wasn’t much point.

1 Like

Is there a specific way to set this up with new authentication? It looks like integration is not connecting to my HA instance, I tried the legacy api as well as the token. Using 0.89

I’d love to control HA from Alfred as well! Any chance of updating the workflow?

Same here: +1

Hey everyone, I just patched the workflow for usage with long-lived access tokens, see here:

2 Likes

amazing, thank you very much @s00500!!

two questions: is it possible to list and trigger scripts too? and is it possible to copy the sensor value and the sensor name (sensor.temperature for example) to clipboard?

Is it possible to Use Alfred to control a HA instance that is running on a server other than on the computer aired is installed on?

I don’t want to rely on my Mac for running HA, but I’d very much like to Use Alfred to quickly turn on a light or trigger an automation while working.

Wondering if anybody has been able configure that.

I don’t know why but I can’t get this thing to work…
I tried everything… Thought I cannot reach home assistant with https. Is that a problem?

I would also like to get this working. It does not appear to save the URL or LLT to the keychain.

interesting idea/thought but have you or are you aware of anyone who is doing this the other way around?

Alfred has a remote server you can turn on. I would then like to have automations that interact with it.