Home assistant full?

so i have a 128gb emmc chip for a home assistant on a odroid n2+, it at 89% full. i found a file thats 17 gb thats called HNVJE3~Z and another file called HDO2BF~7 thats 1.25 gb, homeassistant_v2 is 2.53 gb, and im not sure where the rest of the space went lol.

Download g-parted live to a usb stick. Boot your computer with it and you’ll be able to see what other files are there. It’s probably just corrupt though. If it’s more than a year, with that amount of data it won’t last. Look into a ssd or reduce your recorder by using include/exclude.

I see emmc I don’t know if you can attach that to a computer running gparted and see it like an external drive.

are those common file names for something in specific?

homeassistant_v2 is your database. The other files I have but different letter configurations, it seems to be something auto generated by ha. Size wise, mine are less than a gig and my database is 10g. My total installation seems to be around 30g

how large is your backup file usually? mine is 3.9gb and i have to manually add samba to stick it into the backup folder to restore it because it wont accept anything over 3gb.

3.7g I’m using the google auto back up daily and I haven’t had any problem with the size of the backup. Restoring them I have to use samba to bring them into ha first.

e. I just realized the glances addon in the supervisor, has a breakdown of files and sizes

Are you running camera w/snapshots or ai recognition? check those folders.

What happens if I just delete it? Lol

Yes, they appear to be malformed databases, they’re basically garbage. When a DB is damaged HA renames the file and creates a new one. Do you have power outages? Something is corrupting the DB.

Oh. Hot damn. How would you figure out what it is? I have ups systems so I highly doubt it’s power outages. What else can do that? Also can I move the database to an external card? Like just plug a USB drive in and use it
just for the database?

Have a look at the MariaDB addon. Much more reliable.

So I installed it and added my user Information so it could setup but can I move the maria db to a flash drive and then use that? I plugged a flash drive in and I think I see it as sda1 so can I use the recorder thing to specify a url and just put "//sda1/ " or is it under media or something? Idk where it’s mounted and can’t find it using terminal and the CD and dir commands. Not sure if its bc it’s a docker image and showing me a virtual drive or something. Or if I need to mount the flash drive some how and then use the location it’s mounted in.

I can’t help you with the flash but have you found the other files that are filling your storage? From a terminal

cd /config
ls -la

then if you need to delete a file.

rm /config/name_of_file

I think it was mainly the 40 backups and then those weird files but it seems alright now so I won’t bother with a clean install I guess.

You might want to consider the google backup addon. It can manage your update backups so you don’t wind up with 40 of them.

Google holds two, max three backups so I need to keep some locally. Is there a way to add like 3 Google accounts to get more drive storage space? I made like 15 accounts for this reason but I don’t think I can add more than one on here unfortunately.

Do you have a NAS?

If so, this might be a better backup option: