Home Assistant HADashboard Skin Sharing

I think this looks pretty cool so wanted to share it. Lets see what everyones looks like!

The pic looks at my directv / Apple TV / plex / sonos so it determines which one I’m watching or listening too and displays the picture and title. If I’m not watching anything it displays the HA logo. I can control everything from here now and I love it:)

4 Likes

My hadashboard is still pretty basic, nothing new to share.

How do you do:
today/tomorrow weather
currently playing and the volume slider
the play/pause button
the playlist with box
the weather radar

well if you could share all code, I could grab the bit and pieces and adjust it for my use.

Thanks!

I’ve found all those things by searching around this forum and looking at others code. Then deciphering it and tweaking it to meet my needs. But with that said, I will work on cleaning up my config files and creating a github to share.

2 Likes

Would love to see this also. Your HAdashboard looks great.

1 Like

Thank you. Ive been really busy with work lately so Im still working on cleaning up my config files. I should have some time Fri-Sun and Ill get it up there. Ill drop a link here once its done

Sounds good… i look forward to it :slight_smile:
Have you done it all in css?? Because that’ll be my next challenge with HADashboard

I modified the css files in the skins…but only the widget section and the font / background stuff.

then chabges in the variables files

most of the work is done in HA. getting the sensors and automations right to keep everything in sync

Awesome… should be able to work it out. Got mine setup on a 7" RPi screen but the widgets are too small for the text to fit in nicely so need to start setting up a custom dash using css to get it all working nicely.

A few fun nights ahead after work :slight_smile:

lol yep good luck:)

its a good thing to learn though, lots of cool stuff you can do then:)

So here’s a little start at my simple custom dashboard whilst I’m still in the process of setting up all my automations. So handy now that I’m learning… can’t wait to see what else I can do with it.

Im setting this all up on a Raspberry Pi 3 7" screen and enclosure which I plan to mount up on my wall.

6 Likes

Can you guys post a link to your skin files?

love your skin, care to share

I’ve actually since moved on from that skin and am currently running with this layout

4 Likes

My dashboard is pretty simple - switches on the bottom, room temperature, humidity ant graphs, clock, weather and movement count (detection by IP cameras).

4 Likes

you call that pretty simple?
how did you create the graphs? because that are default widgets and on my to do list to create them.

Data is stored to InfluxDB and graphs are then created with Grafana. They’re just a ‘camera’ widgets with refresh time of ~5mins. Everything else is just a CSS and Font modifications. If anyone is interested, I could provide theme file, but it is not fully customized, just widgets which I use.

1 Like

nice idea to create the graphs elsewhere and present them as camera.
thats thinking outside the box!
i love it.

i might need to start looking into grafana :wink:

Looks awesome, love the graphs.

I’ve got something setup on my HASSIO front end with my internal house temperature and external temperature overlaid so i can see how the house is being kept cool or warm vs outside world. Been meaning to look into influxDB and Grafana to set this up on my HADashboard. Great to see how youve done it.

Thanks for inspiration. I managed to save png files to a folder but I can’t figure out how to show it in hadashboard using camera as widget_type. Could you please clarify how it would be configuration in dash file?

Tryed many thing, still_image_url, entity_picture with no success.
Thanks!

Hey,

I could be more helpful if you tell me more details where are you stuck. All I did just setup grafana, then add graph, when I was happy about my configuration, I clicked on graph, then selected “Share” and “Direct render image”. There you go, you have link to PNG image, just a few modifications to given link (I changed width & height params) and it is ready to add to HADashboard like this:

grafana_bathroom_temperature:
widget_type: camera
refresh: 300
entity_picture: “<your grafana link>”