Home Assistant in a VM gives 404 on Docker

I’ve installed Home Assistant in a virtual machine, it’s working, I can control entities but I’m getting this error when trying to add or start addons:

404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/containers/create?name=addon_a0d7b954_adguard: Not Found ("No such image: hassioaddons/adguard-amd64:2.6.1")

:frowning: Is there something I’m missing?

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 22.45.17|690x295

Also getting this today too…

At least I’m not alone. I found this https://alerts.home-assistant.io/#docker_2010.markdown but I don’t know WHERE to run these commands or even if it applies to my case… I’m guessing it doesn’t, because this part If you are running our Home Assistant Operating System or Home Assistant Core directly in Docker, this alert does not apply to you., I guess I’m “running our Home Assistant Operating System” in a VirtualBox

I just saw the updates of December the 15th! I’m trying these commands, but it fails in the first one “unknown flag --channel”

Nope, no luck.

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 17.29.00|690x167

So I got it working!!!

IDK if it’s working because the HA gods had mercy after the 100th time trying or because of what I did, anyway, this was my simple workaround: In a Raspberry, I updated my HA installation to the latest version, made a snapshot and the installed that snapshot with the latest HA into the VM.

Ok, maybe I celebrated too fast. Now it won’t update the addons, there’s nothing in the logs, but the browser’s console shows

{"result": "error", "message": "500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/images/create?tag=5.2.0&fromImage=homeassistant%2Famd64-addon-configurator: Internal Server Error (\"Get \"https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/\": dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io: no such host\")"}

As a response to this call

curl '' \
  -H 'Connection: keep-alive' \
  -H 'authorization: Bearer ###' \
  -H 'User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36' \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8' \
  -H 'Accept: */*' \
  -H 'Origin:' \
  -H 'Referer:' \
  -H 'Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9,es;q=0.8,nl;q=0.7' \
  --data-binary '{}' \
  --compressed \

Try to change your DNS to Google dns 8.8.8 8 under supervisor > system

So, I’ve got a final solution that’s been working for a couple of days now:

I was following these two videos from the hookup and KPeyanski

And I just realized (after too much time, tbh) that everything was working before the nmcli con edit part…

That was messing up with the DNS and the internal network stuff.

So I just installed it normally and adding a static IP from within Hassio itself…

Also I was accessing Home Assistant through my local network, I have it installed in a server with Ubuntu.

Had the same problem. This fixed it for me, thanks!