Home Assistant iOS app not available in App Store

Robbie has temporarily pulled it from the App Store due to an issue where it crashes on launch. He is planning to fix it over the weekend. From his Twitter:

I am aware that due to internal changes in a recent Home Assistant version, the iOS app is crashing for new users. I also know that sensors are broken for some that have an eSIM. I’m planning to fix both issues this week. Apologies to anyone experiencing this!

Tried to fix the issues tonight. Not as straightforward as I was hoping. I’ll finish it up this weekend. In the meantime, I’ve removed the app from the App Store until the fix is published.

If you’ve downloaded the app previously, you might be able to re-install it from the “Purchased” section of the App Store. Click your user profile image in the top right corner of the App Store and then near the top of this page it’ll have a “Purchased” menu item, and you can search for Home Assistant in there. Not sure if that’ll work but it’s worth a try.

Same problem from Dutch Appstore (Netherlands). I had to re-install it due to phone crash, and could not load it. However,…

@SeanM directions worked for me . I could re-install it by using his directions in previous post !
Many thanks.

grtz
John

It’s the same issue in the Netherlands

same here in US and Australia. just wait for Robbie then.

+1 for Austria.

Thanks Sean for the info. i have problems with my notifications. Do you know about Problems. Maybe it has the same reason? Greetings from Germany Jan

Any problems with notifications are unrelated to this issue. You can try some of these troubleshooting tips.

Same here in KSA I cannot download it, when it will be finished bro ?

Robbie has successfully built the app and uploaded it to the App Store. It has to be reviewed and approved by the App Store now, cannot give a timeframe on that part since it relies on Apple employees.

Will also be a very brief / limited beta of a few people just to make sure everything works ok.

If everything goes smoothly, it should be back on the store and bug-free very very soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is there a chance it’ll fix the stuttering I’m experiencing in dashboard? Maybe it’s only related to a custom frontend card but it started with 110.5

I also have the stuttering in the dashboard. For me it started when i went from 110.1 to 110.6 so the problem could have started with 110.5

Stuttering is solved with 0.110.7 in my case…

111.0b5 solved it for me.

Just waiting for the app to show back up in the App Store now.

1 Like

This worked for me! Thank you.

This is taking awefully long…

As they said, its completely on Apple now.

Just to give an update on this, there has been two builds released to private beta testers. The first one had a crash during launch, and the next one had an error that prevented logging in to Home Assistant during setup. It’s good that we caught this ahead of time, but it delayed things a little bit further than expected. Obviously it should not be released to the App Store until these issues are fully resolved first.

Robbie has an extremely busy day job and can only work on this at night. And the process to put out a new beta build takes him several hours each time (compiling the app, uploading to Apple, etc). He stayed up past 3AM last night waiting for things to process on Apple’s side. There’s an amazing new contributor Zac who’s been helping out in a huge way also.

Smart contributors are on this issue and everyone is doing the best they can to get it back on the App Store as quickly as possible. Fingers crossed for this next upcoming build. Just want everyone to know there’s been a lot of activity on this behind the scenes, please have patience :slight_smile:

Edit: the newest build is looking very promising and stable so far, so I think it’s close.

3 Likes

iOS app is back on the App Store again now :tada: download here: Home Assistant on App Store

Currently this is the same “2019.1” version that was pulled due to a few issues. However the “2020.1” update which fixes all those issues and a lot more has also been submitted to Apple; it will go live whenever they approve it.

Here is the upcoming 2020.1 release change log (major thanks to Zac West for his many contributions on this):

• Fix misleading location warning on pull to refresh
  • Fix SSID storage
  • Fix URLs that end in a slash, causing http://localhost//auth/token
  • Fix shortcut action name
  • Fix FCM disabling
  • Use app-header-background-color
  • Add more custom icons
  • Updated icons and added new ones
  • Update icons to fix chimney
  • Fix battery icon logic
  • Use app’s user agent for web view requests
  • Fix webview insets
  • Fix links to docs
  • Fix minor misspellings
  • Fix sensor registration infinite loop
  • Fix deleting notification categories when reordering
  • Fix editing a just-created notification category or action
  • Fix building MDI
  • Improve state restoration of location
  • Validate manually-entered URL strings
  • Fix crash on discovery from 0.110
  • Don’t send device_id when updating registration
  • Handle logouts and invalidated tokens
  • Fix opening notification settings deeplink
  • Fix more doc URLs
  • Add location and notification permission statuses/fallback buttons to settings
  • Update localizations
1 Like