Home Assistant is starting, please wait

On updating to 0.112.4 my instance is permanently displaying Home Assistant is starting, please wait..., literally for days now. Nothing unusual in the logs. Any suggestions how to resolve this?

Are there messages in your logs about the database conversion?

Hi @petro
the following is repeated over and over in the logs:

JSON file not found: /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/translations/en.json
JSON file not found: /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/camera/translations/en-GB.json

Note I am using docker

those are translation files. Odd. Might want to write up an issue. I’d try to roll back. Seems like you’re missing key files.

I did manually delete some hidden folders in config dir (attempting to remove some annoying warnings about HACS which I already deleted), perhaps that had unintended consequences. I think I will delete existing container and start afresh. Cheers

UPDATE: performed the removal, clean docker container, still have the error. Added to this issue: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/37931

UPDATE2: I stripped my config back to the absolute bare bones, restarted and hey presto HA is back online. I now will go through the process of adding everything back in until I find the cause of the issue

UPDATE3: this occurs when I reintroduce an onvif camera…! In the logs:

There does appear to be multiple issues with this onvif integration, so I am just going to remove it.