Home Assistant Launcher for Android

If I have some time I would like to add immersive mode and swipe gestures to switch between tabs. But there is no roadmap.

I feel stupid but followed the link at the bottom of the first post but can’t find “releases” section.
Any help please

If you are in mobile version, and it’s not appearing, just switch to desktop version:

Just wanted to say Thank you
This is amazing

1 Like

Does the app transmit any english / american country_id to the home assistant webinterface?
Because with the app, the Home Assistant translation does not seem to work.
Everything is displayed in English instead of German.

In web interface, if you go to Configuration -> General you can choose your language

1 Like

It works if I unhide the Admin Menu Items and set the language manually.
Seems I have to reinstall the launcher on my girlfriends phone, where Top Bar and Admin Menu is hidden :smiley:

Would be nice if the app can detect the correct language by itself, like other apps and browsers.

1 Like

Thanks found it.

Great little app. Just 2 things I would like to see.

1. Swipe left and right to move between screen
  2. Use a password rather than a pin for log in but with the fingerprint option.

Keep up the good work.

How about support for client certs?

I really don’t care about having a PIN/password/fingerprint for the app itself, as I already use a fingerprint to unlock my phone… but my HA install is secured with a password (duh) and the use of a client certificate.

Using the “add to homescreen” option on a webpage with a client certificate gets a little weird on Android.

Hi,

I have an old tablet with Android 4.2.2, is posible to install it? When I try to install, the tablet show me that error: “There is a problem parsing the package.”

Thanks.

i just discovered this and i think it’s amazing. may i request that you also provide the option to hide the sidebar all together?

Min version is Android 6.0, sorry

I appreciate your suggestions, but I can’t make all the modifications you are asking. I think hiding “admin” options is enough. Anyway, you are free to download the source code and make the modifications that you need.

Doesn’t seem to like Android 6.0.1 either

I just wanted to take a moment to say Thank You, @sviudes, for this wonderful app! I used to have the “add to home screen” type button, but in recent updates (i’m guessing to the android os or chrome itself) it stopped opening its own instance and now opens a new tab in chrome EVERY TIME YOU TAP THE BUTTON which I cannot stand. This is exactly what I have been looking for! I have a VERY complex api password that my wife can’t possibly remember and this makes it to where she can use her fingerprint or pin (after I initially set it up for her). Again, thank you for taking the time to create this life-saver of an app!

1 Like

I’m glad it’s useful for you @DerSpion. This app is very simple, but it makes Home Assistant easier to use on Android devices :slight_smile:

Hey what happened to the app? I went to the releases section and its empty.

I see 4 releases…

1 Like

You’re right, thanks! I was not logged in…smh :slight_smile:

is there a version for the fire tablet 7th generation?