Home Assistant Launcher for Android

Is there a way to tell what version is installed on my phone?

Go to the App Info (on newer versions of android long press the launcher icon and tap the info dot that appears, older versions go through the app drawer > settings > apps & notifications), then scroll all the way to the bottom for version number.

1 Like

Is it possible to add a swipe gesture to move between HASS tabs/views?

Itā€™s in the ā€œTO-DOā€ list, but I canā€™t say when it will be implemented.

Please note, I was using the latest launcher over the past week and my pixel 2 with the latest Android OS started to become really buggy, slow, draining battery and laggy. This behaviour went away as soon as I uninstalled it.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

I have a Pixel 2 XL, with latest Android OS, and I didnā€™t noticed such behavior. This app should not cause it, because is only a WebView showing HASS web site. Also, you have the source code to see what is doing.

Iā€™ve just released a new version. Update only if you are using current HASS version (0.78.3) https://github.com/sjvc/Home-Assistant-Launcher/releases

1 Like

Thanks for a great app. Working fine on Hass (0.82.1). Because I have multiple instances of HASS to look after I succeeded using android studio to create multiple copies of this app running on the same device with different app names. This gets around the naming issue when copying to homescreen ssl based home assistant urls.
Love the fingerprint security as well.

Does this work with Lovelace?
Because it doesnā€™t seem to for me.

Yeah Iā€™m here for the same thing Love this app but it doesnā€™t work well with lovelace.

Ignore. My mistake

Is this app still being maintained? Iā€™m still using an older version and trying to keep up with it So far this has been about the best HA app Iā€™ve come across and was wondering if it could be integrated with some of the newer updates to HA to begin with like the mobile app integration.

Iā€™m still using an ā€œoldā€ version of Home Assistant, so Iā€™ve not updated this app yet to newer versions. I need some time to update my HA integration, and then Iā€™ll update this app.

In April, I read here https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2019/04/01/android/ that an official Android app would be available in September, so I thought that my app wonā€™t be needed. But as far I know, there is no Android app available yet, so I think I have to update this app soonā€¦

2 Likes