Home assistant Life360 error

Platform error sensor.life360 - No module named 'homeassistant.components.life360.sensor'

My Life360 works fine but whenever I do config check, my home assistant throws this error.
Please help to resolve it.
Thanks in advance.

The life360 integration does not create entities in the sensor domain. There must be an issue with your configuration. Can you share your life360 config entries? (Don’t forget to redact anything sensitive.) Do you have anything like the following?

sensor:
  - platform: life360

I have only these in my config

life360:
  accounts:
    - username: [email protected]
      password: Xxxxxxxx
  interval_seconds: 10
  driving_speed: 30

Also after deleting/commenting all Life360 config in configurator still i get that error :frowning:

I think you may need to search all your config files more carefully. I was just rechecking the conifg check and loader code, and if you’re getting that error, then you have platform: life360 under sensor: or sensor xx: somewhere in your configuration. I can’t see any other way that error can occur.

What is a configurator?

i mean i searched my all config files & deleted life360 config (Also did CTRL+F to find any other life360 entry ).

after performing this activity i see the error still

All I can tell you is how the code works. That exact error message comes from code that has found platform: life360 under sensor: or sensor xx: in your configuration, and therefore tries to load module homeassistant.components.life360.sensor. But since that module doesn’t exist it causes an exception, which that error message is displaying. This has nothing to do with the life360 integration. This is generic “core” code.

Have you opened each and every configuration YAML file in an editor and personally looked through them? It sounds like you’re trying to use some automated technique to search all the files, but maybe that’s not working the way you think.

Sorry to bother again & again
I have only one configuration.yaml
It does not have anything platform: life360 under sensor
also i have verified my other .yaml they too dont have anything named life360
Still the error exist. i have restated HA as well.

Please help

Finally i found life360.yaml under packages folder.
I just deleted that file , below is the result of deleting that file

Thanks a lot

It sounds like maybe you need to have a better understanding of how configuration splitting works. It seems life360.yaml was part of your configuration, but you didn’t realize it.

So what was in life360.yaml, and where did it come from?

Yes am learning :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for your support.

life360.yaml content as below:

homeassistant:
  customize:
    sensor.life360_sensor:
      friendly_name: Life 360
      hidden: true

sensor:
  - platform: life360
    username: xxxxxxxxx
    password: xxxxxxxx
    mqtt_topic: "/life360/data"
    scan_interval: 15

###############################################################################

automation:

# Alert me When the sensor fails
  - alias: Alert Life360 Error
    initial_state: true
    hide_entity: true
    trigger:
      platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.life360_sensor
      to: 'error'
      for: '00:05:00'
    action:
      - service: script.notify_me
        data_template:
          message: "Life360 Sensor state changed to: {{ trigger.to_state.state| upper }}."`

No problem.

In the future, when you post YAML code, please format it properly (like you did earlier.) What you just posted is very difficult to read.

But clearly, it contained exactly what I told you was the problem. :wink:

In any case, it seems like you used some custom life360 integration or setup previously. The config you just posted has nothing to do with the standard life360 integration, nor my custom integration that preceded it, and more importantly, is not compatible with either.

1 Like

Formatting done