Home Assistant Long Loading Times EERO , NEW ISP

Hello,

Ive just switched my ISP provider from Virgin to Youfibre (UK Based). This was because i now get 1000 up and down.

They also provided me with 2 eero units, i already had an eero system installed so this was just adding the additional 2 to my network which i did and encountered no problems.

My problem then occured when i went to restart home assistant, i restarted home assistant and it was taking a long time to startup so when i logged into the local IP address i could see that it would get stuck on certain intergrations and this was for a good 10/15 minutes at a time.

I then tried rebooting the system multiple times and even disconnecting from power and re connecting. This had not done anything other than make different intergrations take longer. and it was intergrations such as : groups / Hive.

I then wiped my home assistant SSD clean and restored a backup from a few days before when i didnt have the new internet and again when i loaded up home assistant it just takes forever it eventually loads up but after a good 30 mins or so.

I did find though that when i then restarted the eero which the raspberry pi running home assistant is connected to when it restarts and reconnects it seems to load the intergration it is struggling with and then all the others which arent loaded.

its really got me baffled ???

I did notice that the DHCP server changed so then some IP addresses changed but the ones that have changed have been picked up on by the software and are automatically changed the intergrations that depend on the cloud seem to be the issue.

i am connecting to home assistant cloud and it all works there so the device is getting internet

Hardware:

• Raspberry pi 4 8GB RAM
  • 128GB SSD (INSTEAD OF SD CARD)
  • Ethernet

Using HomeAssistant OS : 2023.3.3

My first guess would be conflicting settings between the EEROs and the ISP router. Are your EEROs set up to bridge connections? Is the ISP’s modem providing all DHCP service? Are you using AdGuard, or PiHole?

I’ve got two properties with two sets of EEROs. For one of them, the EEROs are bridged, so they behave basically as if they were access points: the ISP router provides DHCP, and the DHCP parameters will determine what IP, gateway and DNS addresses the wireless devices will receive. The other location has the EEROs providing IP addresses to the wireless devices, so the master EERO device routes the WiFi stuff to the router.