Home Assistant losing connection and never recover

I was happy that I spent three days successfully installed HAOS in Hyper-V but now I am facing a new problem…

My Home Assistant suddenly loses connection without any apparent reason. I’m unsure when this occurs; it could happen during the initial boot-up or at any time during usage.

During these connection losses, I can still interact with the VM by typing commands, but there’s no network connectivity, even when attempting to access it locally. Furthermore, when I try to shut down the VM via the top menu, it becomes unresponsive and I have to wait for approximately 20 minutes. Even after restarting the VM, the connectivity issue persists. All I can do is to remove VM, and recreate one and reinstall HAOS…and the issue happens…like endless loop.

I tried another post’s solution turning off IPv6 fro the briding network (My is Wifi), but still no luck.

Please help…

Network disconnections are common when using Hyper-V in Win10/Win11, especially on slower hardware, or resource constrained environments.

If you need a reliable installation you need to move away from Hyper-V or Virtualbox.

I ended using a old laptop to install HAOS. It works fine since.