Home assistant losing connection

I had a similar problem on a Windows machine running Oracle virtual box. Ran fine for a year, then about a month ago, started loosing connection everywhere except from that pc. I ran across a suggestion to disable IPv6. I did it to the Ethernet connections, but that did not work. Then realized there is a bridge adapter, and after disabling IPv6 there, everything worked.

Right click on the network icon in the system tray->choose “Open Network and Internet Settings”->Change adapter options"->right click on “VirturalBox Host-Holy Network”->Properties->Uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6)->Click Ok, then I restarted everything just to be safe.

This worked for me, but “YMMV”.

8 Likes

I am simply desperate!!!
I no longer understand anything. Home assistant works for a few hours, after which it restarts countless times and the famous message appears: “Connection lost. Reconnecting”
It’s extremely annoying!
I reinstalled it and it does the same!!!

Hi,

I also installed HAOS on an HP mini PC and for nothing! It restarts ad infinitum!
I had Debian installed on that mini PC and Home Assitant installed.
As!
I installed HAOS on that mini PC and same!
I no longer understand anything!

1 Like

Does anyone know how I can fix my problem?

LE

Hi,

I find how to solve this problem!
OPENHAB! I move all my devices to Openhab.

1 Like

Yes! This actually solved my issue, I was going crazy and was thinking of replacing my machine because I couldn’t get this issue solved. But this actually did the trick, been working flawlessly now for over a week. THANK YOU so much! :heart:

3 Likes

Hi everyone !
On my side, i having the same issue of connection lost, but on a Rasberry Pi 3 with Home Assistant 2022.11.4 Frontend 20221108.0.
Do you have a solution for RasPi ? Maybe a command line ?
I would like to stay on Home Assistant ! I like it !!!
Thanks.

For everyone having the same problem, running hass on Windows machine, with VirtualBox and VboxVMService. The problem seems to be the VboxVMService. I fied my problem (for now) by stopping VboxVMService and making a new task in Task Cheduler. This way Task Cheduler starts the VM (headless) at startup. It is a good idead to create a new folder under “Task Scheduler Library” in the left panel and add your task inside it. I called mine “User Custom”. “MSI\WORKSTATION” are my machine and my user. Use your machine name and user. They should be populated automatically. It is important, if you have used VBoxVMService, to uninstall it and restart the computer or stop its service in services first. This is especially important if you have any USB stick shared with HA. The service will not release it for use of HA intill you stop it. The service name to stop is “VBoxVmService”. Press the “Stop” button and change the “Startup type” to “Manual” and then press “OK” button.

1 Like

I am actually suffering the same problem… my HA started “restarting” or getting unavailable every few minutes a few months ago… As we primarely use HA to control lights, covers, a.s.o. it really s***** that you’ve to wait like 30-60 seconds quite often to be able to control anything.

I was using a VM on ubuntu (virtualbox) and finally grabbed a raspi 4 for HAOS and I noticed, that I face the exactly same issue… So I am also desperately looking for some network debugging, don’t know if this is a HA issue or a network issue… I also tried to monitor my HA instance with the zabbix agent add-ons, but didn’t find anything helpfull beside the confirmation that HA goes down every few minutes… network seems to keep up as PING is working all the time…

I’m exactly in the same situation on my raspberry PI 3
If my computer is contect on home assistant as long as it`s connected no problem
If I close my computer and want to connect to home assistant example 2 hours. late
no more connection. My raspberry is at the address 192.168.0.117 and when I check the router
no more 192.168.0.117. It’s a reserved address that I gave for the raspberry. It’s hard connected with an RJ-45. I will check if I take off some adds on if it will solve the problem

Man, you made my day.

After trying all the other fixes, this was what fixed my connection losses.
I just turned off the TCP/IPv6 on the bridged adapter, saved, and boom, my HA UI was reachable again.

Thanks

1 Like

same here brother. iam new to HA and I am getting enjoying it yet frustrated

Hello guys, i got it in VM too, just yesterday. and having the same problem as well. , is there any solution?

Hello guys, i got it in VM too, just yesterday. and having the same problem as well. , is there any solution?

Did you just copied previous users question ?, without reading the Topic, or posts above ?

I read but did not find a solution to the problem. Is there a solution to the problem?

Probably not to your “problem”

I don’t understand what the problem is…
I suffer from the problem of loss of communication like many, hence I saw that you helped me with the problem.
The question is, is there a solution to the problem and what is it?