Home Assistant Newbie: Need Advice on Temperature/Humidity Monitor and Multi-Protocol Sensor

Hey everyone! Just jumped into the home assistant scene today and repurposed an old computer. Although my Honeywell dehumidifier and Dyson HP04 lack native support, I’ve got them working with the Google Home SDK, I’m now in search of a compatible temperature and humidity monitor. Also, I’m considering the SkyConnect sensor but wanted to check if it’s the best choice or if you have other recommendations for a versatile sensor supporting Zigbee and more. So, I’m on the lookout for two things: the monitor and the sensor. Any insights or suggestions would be awesome!

1 Like

SkyConnect would be the recommended option right now. It’s a product from the Home Assistant team and so would get the best support.
Since it didn’t exist yet when I added Zigbee to my HA, I went with the Sonoff Zigbee Dongle. It’s been very stable for me with the Zigbee2MQTT Add-on.

As for the sensor, I’d look at the Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor. Aqara make some of the most recommended Zigbee sensors for Home Assistant. Personally, I’ve been running their contact and presence sensors for a very long time without issues.

Awesome, thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like