Home assistant not showing secure

I’m new ha and is really lost as of how the platform runs and operate. It shows not secure on the website 192.x.x.x. From my understanding ha is able to operate locally correct? How can I get that setup. Because I intend not to use it on a web base. I have it installed on a oracle vm

Hi !
Welcome :slight_smile:
Looks like there much confusion here around your questions.
HA runs locally yes, but the frontend is a website. This frontend website can be reached locally from your network as unsecure as a first setup. If you want to run it with secure https connection then you will need some certificates (either autosigned ones that you will have to accept) or signed by a trusted authority.
Being a web frontend doesn’t means that your HA is accessible from everywhere on the internet, as long as you don’t forward the traffic from internet to your HA instance in your router.

Yes I’m totally lost. All I basically want to use ha locally. I don’t need to have remote access outside of my home. How would I get it secure?

If it is only local, what do you want to secure it from? Why bother? Hou won’t be able to get an oficially signed one in your local lan, only self signed ones.

Yes I’m totally confused and sorry for the delay response. Basically what I’m confused about is this. It runs locally. Meaning it only runs on my network correct? But why is it showing not secured on the website when I go login. And how would I be able to control my devices on my own network without logging in on the not secured website to ha

You are hosting it locally on your INTERNAL network (192.x.x.x). Unless you set up a port forward to 8123 on your router from the outside world your install is not at risk.

Locally it runs without an SSL certificate by default.

OK. So the not secured on the website shouldn’t matter correct?

Internally - NO.

Ty soo much for the clarification.