Home Assistant not working on a Amazon Fire tablet

Ive recently come across the strangest problem after building myself a nice Tileboard screen i wanted to test on a 10" fire tablet with the intentions of it going on a wall, But bizarrely it wont load ? and neither will the standard home assistant front end ??

The fire tablet is on the same network… ive tried firefox , chrome and opera, non work the address is correct as it does show the tileboard web icon (like you see in shortcuts ).

Home assistant and tileboard work with no problems on my macbook ,iphone and ipad

Running hassio on a Pi hard wired

Thanks

I think I read that fire tablets may be missing some of the bits for modern interfaces, but don’t throw it away just on my say so.

I can view both Tileboard and Hass interface on my Fire 7 and 8s using fully kiosk browser. I’ll try other browsers later and let you know.

@3reeman I’m also very interest by Amazon tablet for my home installation and was about to fire the order until I rent into your post. Where you able to make it work?

@J_IO_B Did you rent into any issue with the web or Frontend? Also do you use the app HA?

Did you ever get this worked-out? I’m having the same issue.

no sorry, I’ve started at looking at Chinese surface replicas instead

I got TileBoard running on a new Fire HD 10 tablet without problems. I am using the WallPanel app to avoid the screen lock and are quite happy with it.

I don’t understand, I recently switched from running HA on my Mac to running HA through Hassio on a VM. Previously I had a fire tablet showing a customized Lovelace page at the back door.

I think the difference is the old setup (1.0) was using the URL, where the new setup (2.0) is using hassio.local. I haven’t had any luck finding the URL for the VM on my network. I will explore that a bit further and hopefully find a resolution.

What do you mean url? Do you mean ip address?

1 Like

My apologies… yes.

Looks like from the “hassio >” prompt you can type in “homeassistant info” to see the ip address, but this isn’t working on the tablet or any devices. Its also out of range of what my router uses. Weird.

Anyone else having this problem again? (I know this thread is old).

I had an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 mounted on the wall and this weekend it quit working. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it but same thing.

I also had another HD 7 and I did a factory reset and tried on it and same thing.

It opens, asks for login, device name, notifications, etc. Then closes. I launch it again and it starts all over. Won’t bring up anything.

Just wondered if it recently got updated and now something is no longer compatible. Works find on my regular Android tablet and my Android phone. I noticed on my PC that it told me my login had expired and I needed to re-login.

-Tim