Home assistant on proxmox server

Hi, I installed home assistant on a mini-pc n100 with a proxmox server. It is working fine. I installed HA with 4G ram and 2cpu’s. When I start home assistant it uses about 2G of the 4G ram.
If I update home assistant then it uses 3.98G ram and stays at 3.98G ram.
If I stop and restart home assistant in proxmox, then it goes back to 2G ram.
I’am afraid that I run out of ram if I forget to manually restart HA.

Do I have to change something in HA or in proxmox to avoid that problem?

Are you seeing these numbers in the promox summery or in HA settings/hardware.

Proxmox is not good and telling you how much memory you are really using, HA will tell you what its really using.

1 Like

Also remember that some updates come with database changes and these can take a while to do and eat at ram and cpu during that time.
The amount will be adjusted to what is available though, so have patience and see if it does not suddenly start to go down again.

I see the numbers in proxmox? I have to wait till the next update to have a look in HA. Thanks

If I forget to restart HA in proxmox, after days it is still about 4G and doesn’t go down.

Hi Pepe, you will also see that your general RAM use of your Proxmox host will be lower after a restart and increase after some time.

4Gb for HA can be really tight.

My comment was pointed at memory use read inside HA. Not read inside Proxmox.
Arh’s comment still goes for Proxmox readings were it will show all the h memory allocated in the HA VM.
Promox can not see that some of the allocated memory is used as cache and therefore can be freed quickly for new requests.
Because memory is so much faster than storage, then you only need a few successful hits on the cache to pay of, so unused memory is generally a waste of resources.