Home Assistant on Samsung TV Internet Browser : Initializing

Hi guy’s,
I’m just trying to have HASSIO Front End to run on my internet TV browser but unfortunately all my attempt are without success. There is many threads going on that topic without having a clear understanding why HA is still remaining to the initializing… mode.

My biggest assumption is: The Samsung TV Internet browser : is NOT SUPPORTED

Error is:

2023-02-02 08:20:41.248 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202302010] :0:0 Script error.

The TV specifications are: A Samsung Smart (dumb) TV

[MN : UN58RU7100FXZC
PD : --/–/----
SN :
FW : T-MSLAKUC-1401.0
FC : SWU-OU_T-MSLAKUC_1401_220729
MA : A4307A2E7910
SC : 10201_AC24_Z_Z

If someone has a clue or an understanding of my issues, you are welcome to tell me :slight_smile:

Have a great day

There is no hope. HA frontend relies on modern javascript, which this browser obviously not supports.

Hi Igor,

Thank you, that make sense … But I’ll do some more testing to see if other complex/similar website will have the same kind of behaviour

1 Like

Hi Marc. Did you find a workaround yet?
I’ve the same problem here with a Samsung the frame 2019 model.

Maybe you could look into something like a Roku or Amazon Firestick streaming stick or an Android TV box to see if one of these has a supported browser.

Hi Johan, sorry for not answering before now, I just saw it today :frowning:

I did not find a way around it . I was looking again this week without success but it seems that something block the data flow from Home Assistant to the TV ! Like something is blocking the data.

I’ll have to find again the message I saw in the Log “blocking” some incoming flow !

I started to look at the [ ifconfig ] options and the [ netstat ] to understand what was the data flow…

I havent go further so far …

I actually doubt about the browser … I made testing with a lot of website (quiet complex) and everything is working fine… it must be from something related to the data flow…

I had it working December 2022 on my Samsung TV having TizenBrowser 3.1.11260.

I don’t know when it stopped working though and it doesn’t work now.

My point is that I think it’s Home Assistant that has changed and not the TV.

1 Like

from my side, I never been able to make it to work …