Home Assistant on Zipatile?

I’m sorry it took so long to respond, I hope it helps you. I am delighted to be able to help someone in this community who helps me so much.

I’m also looking for a way out of the free version, but at the moment I can’t find the solution either.

Yesterday I shared how to create Zipatile MQTT sensors in Homeassistant.

Now I share how to create and control a Zipatile MQTT switch in Homeassistant:

# Example configuration.yaml entry
switch:
- platform: mqtt
  unique_id: zipatile_relay1
  name: "Relé 1 Zipatile"
  state_topic: "homeassistant/zipato/zipatile/idyourzipatile/relay1/events"
  value_template: "{{value_json['value']}}"
  command_topic: "homeassistant/zipato/zipatile/idyourzipatile/relay1/commands"
  payload_on: '{"command": "SET_STATE","value": "ON"}'
  payload_off: '{"command": "SET_STATE","value": "OFF"}'
  state_on: 'ON'
  state_off: 'OFF'
  optimistic: false
  qos: 0
  retain: true

And another exemple of integration the motion sensor of our Zipatile in Homeassistant like a binary sensor:

binary_sensor:
  unique_id: zipatile_motion
  name: Presencia Salón Zipatile
  device_class: motion
  state_topic: "homeassistant/zipato/zipatile/idyourzipatile/motion/events"
  payload_on: 'MOTION'
  payload_off: 'NO MOTION'
  optimistic: false
  qos: 0
  retain: true

Maybe you can convince @igorz (the developer) of HomeHabit to implement off-PlayStore licensing :slight_smile: It would be great to have more than 3 dashboard pages, and I would certainly be willing to pay for that license, as so far HomeHabit has been super stable on the Zipatiles.

I would also be willing to pay very gladly :star_struck:

Thanks for your work for the community. I was also able to integrate Zipatile2 sensors into HA by this way and I’m keen on to go further and mqtt publish to Zipatile (RGB, Siren) but it does not work for me. Someone know the way how to do it?

horvathgergo

2 d

Thanks for your work for the community. I was also able to integrate Zipatile2 sensors into HA by this way and I’m keen on to go further and mqtt publish to Zipatile (RGB, Siren) but it does not work for me. Someone know the way how to do it?
Hi! I’m glad it was helpful.

I also want to have control of Zipatile’s siren in Home-assistant. I would like to have an input-select to choose the sound and a switch to turn it on/off. But so far my progress is this:

unique_id: zipatile_siren_select
  name: "Sonido Sirena Zipatile"
  state_topic: "homeassistant/zipato/zipatile/idyourzipatile/siren/events"
  command_topic: "homeassistant/zipato/zipatile/idyourzipatile/siren/commands"
  options:
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"STOP_SOUND"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"EMERGENCY"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"FIRE_ALERT"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"AMBULANCE"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"POLICE_CAR"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"DOOR_CHIME"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"BEEP"}'
#  optimistic: false
#  qos: 0
#  retain: true

This creates an input-select, which when chosen, activates the sound in the Zipatile, it works very well and fast, but isn’t very pretty, hehe.

I hope someone else can think of how to improve it…

1 Like

If anyone is of any help, Zipato posted a pdf with most of the options and examples of handling and watching the Zipatile from an MQTT server.

Are you sure it’s working? With your code example I got a configuration error message: “Invalid config for [input_select]: expected dictionary for dictionary value @ data[‘input_select’]”

Ups sorry! Is a select. I forgot that I work with packages and I have the platform line in another file. The first line was missing with a select. It would look like this:

select:
  unique_id: zipatile_siren_select
  name: "Sonido Sirena Zipatile"
  state_topic: "homeassistant/zipato/zipatile/idyourzipatile/siren/events"
  command_topic: "homeassistant/zipato/zipatile/idyourzipatile/siren/commands"
  options:
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"STOP_SOUND"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"EMERGENCY"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"FIRE_ALERT"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"AMBULANCE"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"POLICE_CAR"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"DOOR_CHIME"}'
    - '{"command":"SET_STATE","value":"BEEP"}'
#  optimistic: false
#  qos: 0
#  retain: true

This is how it works for me, try it and tell me if you need help :wink:

Thanks for the clarification! The config is ok now. It creates a select entity for me, but unfortunately I don’t hear any sound from the Zipatile when I choose and option on the lovelace UI.

I listened the siren mqtt topic and found that the siren events in my Zipatile2 are marked as numbers (like BEEP is equal to “6” in my case), so I gave it a go. Unfortunately nothing happened

Listening to siren events (when I manually push the BEEP siren button on internal app):

1 Like

Is the same for me. When I hear my Zipatile Siren from MQTT, it sends numbers as events.
event_6

However, when I send orders as commands, it doesn’t obey numbers, only words, like “BEEP” or “STOP SOUND”
command_beep

Take the following test. Post to your MQTT under the topic of your zipatile, which will be something like…

homeassistant/zipato/zipatile/youridzipatile/siren/commands

and the following payload:

{
    "command": "SET_STATE",
    "value": "BEEP"
}

And see if your zipatile sounds.

(You can also listen to the mqtt traffic from another screen to see if it gets the command and responds to it.)

Good Luck!

I think I did it as you described, but still nothing. The payload published, but no response to it.

maybe I should re-configure my mqtt broker…

Wow, is strange, then I don’t understand what’s going on there.

Do you have control of the Zipatile relays in Homeassistant?
For test it, you can publish:
homeassistant/zipato/zipatile/youridzipatile/relay1/commands
with the payload:

{
     "value": "ON"
}

Or you can do the same with the RGB for test it:
topic:
homeassistant/zipato/zipatile/youridzipatile/rgb/commands
payload:

{
    "value": "FF0000"
}

or:

{
    "value": "0000FF",
    "parameters": {
        "BRIGHTNESS": "50"
    }
}

if not, maybe you should re-configure your mqtt broker… :sweat_smile:

They (RGB, relay) don’t work either. My mqtt broker can still receive Zipatile sensor data but not able to control the device. Recently I’ve submitted a ticket to Zipato, but I don’t expect that they will answer anytime soon…

Thanks for the help so far. I will keep you and the community updated if I can reach any progress

Ok thanks for the information.
It is true that they are not the fastest in the Far West :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hehe
I wish you can find a solution.
In the meantime, if anything else occurs to me, I’ll let you know

I got an answer from Zipato:

"MQTT is a one way street. We are only a client who sends commands but does not accept any.

If you install firmware 2.1.24 with firmware ID 251 (in the mobile app under firmware you can post an ID) even adding MQTT network throught the webUI will work and all things will be sent to the MQTT client."

So, I assume It won’t work without Zipato…

Wow, sorry to read this. But honestly, I don’t quite understand Zipato’s answer. (At least I’m glad they responded),

@amuntavant thank you for the good information. @horvathgergo I have the exact same issues as you do, on a Zipatile2. I am able to connect to my MQTT broker and see updates from the ZipaTile2 there. But unable to send commands via MQTT. I used to own a Zipatile1, there it worked, and i had the doorbell connected and it was super stable and reacted instantly. I could control the relays as well as the color of the buttons.

I’ve been trying to also set up the MQTT broker from the API on the Zipatile2, as i understood this is another thing than the internal one. It is very confusing, anyways I have also not been able to get anywhere with that. I’ve opened yet another ticket with Zipato. Lets see if they can fix it this time :slight_smile: