Home Assistant portal keeps logging me out

Hello. I’m new to Home Assistant and I’ve just installed latest version of Home Assistant OS on Odroid N2+. It’s up and running and I’m going through the “onboarding phase” (setting up Hue, Sonos integration…).

One thing I have noticed and is causing me a lot of trouble is that when I access the portal (web UI), my session keeps logging out. It barely lasts a minute, sometimes maybe only a few seconds. The next time I click or refresh a page it redirects me to the login page.

Please note that ticking “Keep me logged in” doesn’t solve the problem. In fact, it might have made it worse. For instance: if I try to create a new user, it fails because it considers I’m not authenticated. But when I try to create the same user again, it complains the user already exists, even though it’s not showing up in the list of users.

Worth to mention in case it could be related (cookie issue, that sort of things): I’m unable to access the portal from the usual URLs homeassistant.local:8123 or homeassistant:8123 instead, I’ve got to use the IP address.

Additional information:

• I’m accessing the portal with Chrome from laptop running Windows 10
  • as mentioned above, Home Assistant runs on Odroid N2+
  • Home Assistant Core 2022.6.5
  • Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.05.3
  • Home Assistant OS 8.1
  • I’ve cleared the browser cache and cookies, but the problem persists
1 Like

Did you find a solution for this? I just moved to HA Blue from a container, and I’m having the same issue.

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Are you using nginx, letsencrypt or mfa?

I’m not. And still having the issue a year on.
If I just click around and use the side navigation bar, it’s fine. But as soon as I press the back button or F5, or hit enter from the URL bar, then I need to enter my credentials again.

Hello, same issue here: did anybody find a solution? Thanks!

I’ve had the same problem since first install of HA. It doesn’t matter if login is ip based (http://192.168.1.35:8123) or through nginx reverse proxy. However, if I choose ‘keep me logged in’ I’m able to access the UI without being logged out.

i’m having the same issue. will log on, then after a few seconds will log me off. once i log back in (sometimes 2 or 3 more times), it keeps me logged in.