Home Assistant resets

Hass.io running on a Asus Tinker Board v1.2. (power source 2,5A).

Hass.io will restart frequently with nothing to show in the error logs. Can work just fine for hours, and then just restart the whole OS.

See latest entries from my log file:
2019-02-28 18:04:29 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=82 from 2019-02-28 16:53:24.923618)
2019-02-28 18:04:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for input_boolean: Component failed to initialize.
2019-02-28 18:04:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Exception in callback <function EventBus.async_listen_once..onetime_listener at 0xb2ae0c48>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “uvloop/cbhandles.pyx”, line 64, in uvloop.loop.Handle._run
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 626, in onetime_listener
self._hass.async_run_job(listener, event)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 333, in async_run_job
target(*args)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/person/init.py”, line 342, in person_start_hass
self.person_updated()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/person/init.py”, line 363, in person_updated
self._update_state()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/person/init.py”, line 374, in _update_state
for entity_id in self._config.get(CONF_DEVICE_TRACKERS, []):
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable

Any ideas?

Is there any way of SSH into the machine? You could then take a look at the docker log. It should tell you at least something about the restarting of the homeassistant container.

I can enable SSH, but I am not sure how to locate the docker log.

I have connected via SSH, but I am unable to locate the docker log file. I do not have the following folders (Google) :
/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/homeassistant.log
/var/lib/docker/containers/*/*json.log
/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/homeassistant.log

Try systemctl status docker. Or I’d could be in journalctl

This is what i find

Did you try journalctl?

Sorry about my noobiness :hushed: I’m not sure how to find journalctl. Is that a directory?

this will display all your logs (as seen by systemctl/journalctl)
journalctl -xe --full

this should display only the logs for docker
journalctl -xe --full -unit docker

this will display all of the LOADED units and their status
systemctl list-units

I’m still confused… very confused… :laughing:

You’re logged into an SSH container, not the host.

I am using the official addon SSH-server.

Logging in with user root and with my password.

What should I do to connect to the host?

journalctl is a command, just like ls is a command. remove the ls and type journalctl -xe instead.

Which is a docker container, not the host.

https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/hassio_debugging.html

Thanks for all help. I got a new power supply, and now all the resets are gone.
I could not get to the log files, but I don’t need them now… :wink: