Home Assistant server: Raspberry Pi 3 vs Asus Eee 1005HA (old netbook) vs Asus R417SA-WX235T (new cheap laptop)

Hi, I am running a few devices and some AppDaemon scripts on my Raspberry, and I see that the CPU load sometimes gets a bit high (however - I just checked, and it’s much better now, so maybe this is a non-issue:)

homeassistant@rpi:~/.homeassistant/apps $ uptime
 21:17:26 up 74 days,  1:28,  1 user,  load average: 1.40, 1.11, 1.21
homeassistant@rpi:~/.homeassistant/apps $ uptime
 10:03:07 up 74 days, 14:14,  1 user,  load average: 0.08, 0.05, 0.01

I have an old 1005HA (Intel Atom™ N280/ N270), and the R417SA is very cheap on sale right now (Intel Celeron N3060). Would one of these perform significantly better than the Raspberry? I see some huge advantages from running a portable computer as “server” - battery backup, robust storage (I have gone through some SD cards…), portability (for adding new z-wave devices close to location), and built-in monitor and keyboard (for initial setup, network configuration, safe shutdown if network is not connected etc).

My findings were that a newer Intel CPU would be quite much faster than older Raspberries, however, the Pi 3 seems to be quite an upgrade. By the way, the old 32-bit CPU on the netbook did not support Docker images, so that’s a drawback at least.

So, is an old eee an upgrade form an rpi3?
I’ve been working on rpi3 so far and thinking of moving eveything on my old eee, for the aforementioned reasons.
Should i get into the project or should i stay on the rpi3?
I should say i’m a total linux noob, so the move will need a lot of studying, in order to set up HA on the rpi.