Home Assistant setup with Synology NAS

chairstacker - you are right to take a step back. I did the same that brought me to the late realisation that I’ve (probably) made false assumptions about how all this should work (i.e. that config should update automatically).

To answer your points:

1. Did this this week, can now easily edit any file.
  2. Discovered playing around this week that this is the case. I had assumed that config would be constantly updating with each manual change in the UI, which doesn’t seem to be the case.
  3. As the times (and weather) seemed to be right, I had assumed this was working. I realised with a more in-depth look last night that they are wrong. Because of point 1, I am now ready to give this a go!

Somewhat underwhelming results after tonight’s tests. I did manage to edit config and didn’t break anything…

However, I am not convinced this actually changed anything.

• Sunrise/set times appear to be as accurate or susect as before suggesting they aren’t really being “read” in config.
  • I added TV details in config (now commented out in the attached config file). This added a new icon/area to the HA UI called “Samsung TV Remote” which didn’t appear to do anything. The normal “Samsung TV” also displayed in the UI after a short delay and so I assume is being added via Discovery (this works except “turn on” isn’t supported which is a key attribute I’d like).

No-where in any of the yalm files is there any detail about Samsung TV or my other devices so I have no idea how HA works with these.

So, progress, but slow progress. Any ideas anyone?

configuration.yaml (1.9 KB)

Hello to everyone,

Someone has alexa echo configured with HA skill not using the cloud? How you did it using home assistant docker in Synology?

thanks