A little background:
First I installed home assistant on a rpi3 in a docker container. I was running osmc at the time. It corrupted my good sd card in 1 week.
Started from scratch with a new sd card, it corrupted that one too in less than 2 days.
I then upgraded to rpi4 and upgraded to boot directly from SSD, no sd attached. It worked fine for about two days but this morning I can’t reach the GUI and all automations are not working.
I am so enthusiastic to make this work but keep getting let down by ha.
OS: Raspberry Pi OS 32 bit, latest.
Hardware: rpi4 4gb, with a NVME m2 ssd in a usb3 enclosure.
Home assistant: running in a docker container using this guide.
Things I tried:
- http://192.168.1.8:8123 is not reachable. Tried from multiple browsers and multiple devices.
- The rpi4 responds just fine when I ssh into it. It’s just the home assistant service that’s dead.
- nmap shows that only the ssh port 22 is open. Although I can reach the home assistant observer on port 4357. It says the supervisor is connected so I don’t know what to believe.
- homeassistant.log doesn’t show any errors. Last line is from last evening when I was looking at sending a text/voice command to a google home puck.
- docker is running. I can run hello world using
sudo docker run hello-world
Can someone teach me how to diagnose this and find the root cause? I haven’t restarted the rpi yet. I know that Raspberry Pi OS is not officially supported but thought I’d ask for help before I nuke everything and install Debian.